Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice re birthday party

(8 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Mon 31-Jan-05 11:03:28

Hi, have decided to have ds 5th birthday party at home. Have invited about 14 other children. Think it would be best for party and sanity if children all stayed downstairs. How do i make sure the little angels dont venture upstairs? I dont have a stairgate anymore either

Lonelymum Mon 31-Jan-05 11:06:40

Post a dragon on the stairs?

Seriously, I found a no entry sign on our bedroom door kept children out of that room and I suppose the same could be done for the staircase.

BethAndHerBrood Mon 31-Jan-05 11:12:35

Can you borrow a stairgate, or put a piece of furniture at the bottom?

MamaMaiasaura Mon 31-Jan-05 11:22:21

The dragon idea sounds fab.. a job for grandma.

I will ask my friend if she still has her stairgate. Not enough room for furniture there - quite a small hall.

Thanks x

scotlou Mon 31-Jan-05 11:32:49

Remember that 5 year olds actually like to be law abiding (most of the time!) If you tell them they cannot go upstairs, they are less likely to try - and they will soon tell you if anyone tries it!!

woodpops Mon 31-Jan-05 13:53:50

Could you not put the kids coats on the stairs as you take them off as they arrive?? That way you'll be blocking the stairs with a pile of coats!!

MamaMaiasaura Mon 31-Jan-05 23:05:29

That is true about 5 yr olds tending to be all about rules etc.. they do grass each other up.. ds has even tried to get me to sit on bottom step cos i said bottom at the table.. lol.

I think i will do the coats idea as friend no longer has stairgate and spoken to my mum too and she said to do that

MamaMaiasaura Tue 01-Feb-05 15:46:13

JUst gone and bought loads of stuff for party loot bags and also for pass parcel etc. Took me ages Only thing is although we have not invited about 16 kids i have no idea exactly how many will come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now