Talk

Advanced search

long shot of the week: any mners in Poland?

(13 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Sun 30-Jan-05 18:05:51

Is it true that Paypal don't accept payments from Poland (and why is that?) and is there another payment system I can use instead?

Also for anyone who speaks Polish, I would be greatful if you could have a quick look at a website for me...

Davros Sun 30-Jan-05 18:30:10

I'm not in Poland and I don't speak Polish but my part-time nanny does if you can wait until Wednesday.... must be someone on MN who does speak Polish?

Caribbeanqueen Sun 30-Jan-05 18:51:35

I speak Polish if you want to give me the details.

SenoraPostrophe Sun 30-Jan-05 19:22:51

wow!

The site is this one - I want to know if it looks genuine (i.e. do the addresses and phone numbers look like real ones - real land lines and not mobiles - and is there a company number or somesuch) and what they do.

They've been in touch with us, but I want a better idea of who they are before I reply. It's hard enough to do that when the site is in English! Lots of shysters in this biz.

One thing I usually do is check the number given is in the phone bok - is there a polish online phone book?

fairyfly Sun 30-Jan-05 19:27:05

Hoorah!

AuntyQuated Sun 30-Jan-05 19:27:50

URl not found

sorry can't help really but it may help to know that the link doesn't work

tiptoes off

SenoraPostrophe Sun 30-Jan-05 19:29:16

whoops. www.rynek13.co.pl

fairyfly Sun 30-Jan-05 19:29:21

I can help but im so bored of speaking polish that i need some time off

SenoraPostrophe Sun 30-Jan-05 19:29:35

try again: www.rynek13.com.pl

Caribbeanqueen Sun 30-Jan-05 19:30:53

Ok, I'll have a look. May not be able to do it tonight though.

fairyfly Sun 30-Jan-05 19:31:14

here

Nope not a site, doesn't work

Caribbeanqueen Sun 30-Jan-05 19:42:08

It seems to be a site selling Microsoft packages and licences. Is that what you wanted?

The address and phone numbers look genuine enough. I'll have a look for an online phone directory.

Tanzie Mon 31-Jan-05 20:51:14

The address looks fine. The street translates as "Happy Street" (bless) if my Polish is remembered correctly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now