Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!!!! I've lost the only key to our Mondeo!!!!

(15 Posts)
Carla Sat 29-Jan-05 23:00:59

Is there anything that can be done on a Sunday, does anyone know?

misdee Sat 29-Jan-05 23:01:41

emergency locksmith.

or look very hard for the key (cheaper option)

gingerbear Sat 29-Jan-05 23:02:02

RAC or AA?

charliecat Sat 29-Jan-05 23:04:52

where did you lose it...outside inside? Did you have a spare at any time?

suedonim Sat 29-Jan-05 23:13:51

We had a fault on our Mondeo which meant we needed a key in an emergency. You need to call Ford, I think, and they'll send details to your nearest dealer so they can issue you with a new key.

Carla Sat 29-Jan-05 23:14:27

Inside - was going to drive to shops but dd threw a wobbly and said she wanted to walk. I remember looking at it thinking 'I must put that back where it belongs'. And then dd2 threw a wobbly. We did have a master key once - with the thingy you press to remotely open the doors, but the metal key bit detatched itself from the plastic housing. Help! AA said the only solution is a locksmith. Dh will (a)'love' the fact that I'm so incompetent and (b) go apeshit.

charliecat Sun 30-Jan-05 08:43:16

Go through the house until you find it then...(sad) good luck!

starlover Sun 30-Jan-05 09:12:15

wel the AA are being a bit silly, because a locksmith will get you into the car, but that won't help you be able to drive it without a key to put in the ignition!

suedonim is right... your local ford dealer SHOULD be able to help, but of course you will have to take a TON of proof that you actually own the car!

I hope that you can get there without your car as well!!!

good luck!

starlover Sun 30-Jan-05 09:12:58

ooh, and make sure you get a spare one done too!!!

misdee Sun 30-Jan-05 09:13:47

it cant have gone far!

get a whistling key fob when you find it.

Gobbledigook Sun 30-Jan-05 09:18:22

Ring Ford and they should have a record of the key number (it will be individual to your car) or it should be in your log book (mind you, my log book was in the car when this happened to me so we had to get the RAC to break into the boot to get in and then it wasn't even written in the book !). Then your Ford dealer should be able to make you one but it will cost you a bit - I think we paid about £200 but that might have been because we had to get a transporter thing to get the car off the drive and to the Ford dealer (can't remember why!).

BUT, my advice is look hard for it first - I assumed ds1 (about 18m at the time) had put it down the loo but months and months later when we were moving furniture, we found the bloody thing under the sofa!!!!!

Carla Sun 30-Jan-05 09:42:45

Thank you all so much for your advice.

Here is the update:

DH strolls in at 12.45 this morning from the pub. I say 'don't bo**ocks me about this, because I already know I've been foolish, but I've mislaid the Mondeo key'. His reply?

I've got it, as he pulls it out of his pocket. Why, why, why would anyone want a Mondeo key when they're walking to and from the pub? I wasted a good hour of searching and angst last night. Justice is sweet 'cos he left his glasses in the pub!

Thank you all so much, and GG, I shall remove the log book from the glove department forthwith, if not sooner! And, of course, order a replacement key with a whistle ......

XXXXXX Carla

misdee Sun 30-Jan-05 10:45:41

thank goodness its there. silly man btw. and haha on the glasses.

charliecat Sun 30-Jan-05 14:06:01

Glad youve got it back! Get a spare one if you can and put it in the kitchen drawer or somewhere..

Gobbledigook Sun 30-Jan-05 14:33:09

Hurrah!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now