Talk

Advanced search

#@!!#?

(27 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 22:13:48

Tomorrow is the last day for my first quarter tax return and year end VAT accounts. Cutting it fine but I'm OK as I have an online thingy which means I can submit tomorrow.

Only it turns out I've lost the code for my new certificate. Just spent 2 hours searching every hard drive, and searching all the printouts upstairs. I must have not saved it.

arse.

I wanted to call this thread "arse" but decided to go for Beano swearing instead.

beansprout Sat 29-Jan-05 22:15:09

Lol at "Beano swearing"

Good luck with the return

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 22:16:15

SP, have you only got it via PC? DH's came in the post - could you have it on a letter somewhere?

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 22:19:56

yup, it was only pc as it was a certificate renewal (a username and password would be far too easy for the Spanish bureaucrats). There was a page that said "it is imperative that you make a note of this number" so I saved the page (or so I thought).

Luckily the fine is only E40 or something, but stil: arse.

I'll have to go out on Monday now: new cold snap forcast.

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 22:22:49

Arse indeed. Also bum. I hate it when you know you've got it somewhere...

Cold snap? Is that a Spanish cold snap or a proper English one (ie about -2!) (Did you see my blizzard thread?)

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 22:25:54

-2? you Brits don't know you're born!

Thursday was -4 max, -14min. It snowed but it was silly dry powder snow so no snwballs or snowmen. It's nice to see snow on orange trees though! (we're 1000metres above sea level so it's always cold here in winter, but it snowed on the coast for the first time in 50 years apparently)

Heathcliffscathy Sat 29-Jan-05 22:32:06

. hello. i hope you find it. i bet you do.

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 22:35:29

No - I've given up. I've just searched the hard drives of 2 machines for words like "code" "certificate" (in Spanish).

My old machine is due to be reformatted tomorrow.

Why am I so dippy? I'm thinking of getting a teeshirt printed that says "has anyone seen my handbag?"

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 22:37:59

Really? I happened to look up Malaga's page on the BBC today and was a bit surprised it was only about 12 - hadn't heard it was cold there. Hope you have sorted out a bit of heat by now?

blizzard thread! (Might make you feel a bit warmer.)

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 22:40:27

Sorry for delay in posting there - DS1 dragged me downstairs mid-post to watch the Armando Ianucci (?) prog on BBC2 which has both boys rolling helplessly around on the floor (DS2 should have been in bed an hour ago but I like to see them enjoying themselves!)

marthamoo Sat 29-Jan-05 22:44:52

Hiya SP - sorry you can't find your wotsit..bummer (and I like the Beano swearing too - had it said "arse" I would have thought it was one of FF's threads )

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 22:49:12

Hi mm!

Jan - that's a lot of snow. Can't find details about Malaga for you, but here's a pic of the Granada coast (look at the second pic - recognise it?)

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 22:55:48

Wow - Calahonda covered in snow! Fantastic! (What do people down there have in the way of heat? Our rental house had a couple of plug-in things but that was all - not much use with those marble floors - brrrrr!)

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 23:04:21

Haven't you seen my various rants about how the Spanish are rubbish at heating, Jan?

We have a couple of plug in things. Some people have special under table heaters - you sit round the table and warm your legs under the table cloth, but their not much good for when you can't just sit around!

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 23:11:45

Well I hope you all have lots of nice woollies and thick socks then, SP? At least you know it won't be for long! Lots of star jumps in the meantime...

I just showed DS1 the pic of Calahonda and he knew about it already - somebody at school's parents are there atm or something - he said there was a heatwave for a couple of weeks first and then the temp plummeted?

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 23:16:16

Yes it was really weird - gorgeous last week.

Still it gives us all something to talk about

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 23:19:36

When you say "us", you mean us or the Spanish? (Surely not them!)

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 23:23:10

brits and Spanish!

We were tlking about it the other day - the Spanish talk about the weather just as much as we do. Only the Spanish (in Granada) are mostly restricted to saying "what heat!" or "what cold!" (with an occasional "what a nice day").

They never say "hot enough for you?" though.

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 23:30:01

Does it translate satisfactorily? If so I feel they would benefit from being introduced to the concept

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 23:32:31

I'll try it at nursery on Monday, and let you know.

Mind you, they're already well used to my weird anglicisms!

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 23:35:41

"Hot enough for you?" should get you certified when there's snow on the ground!

Have you been up to the Sierra Nevada at all? There are those nice cafes up near the top and plenty of snow for snowmen or snowballs - I bet DD would love it!

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 23:39:35

We haven't been up yet, no, but dd is very impressed with the snow. She refused to go into nursery the other morning until she had touched (and tasted) some of the snow from every car in the street.

She hated it up there when she was tiny though so the idea of taking ds puts me off. Think the snow up there is powdery at this time of year too (listen to me, moan moan moan.)

SenoraPostrophe Sat 29-Jan-05 23:40:53

ps - I was going to try "cold enough for you", but maybe I'll test out sarcasm while I'm at it.

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 23:48:30

Do you have a backpack? We had a superb blizzard which dropped about 4' of snow in NY when DD1 was 10 months old, and bundled up in her snowsuit and hat and mittens she loved it.

Ah - does DS have a snowsuit? I bet he doesn't, does he? Damn.

Maybe one of you could take DD up then, and the other could huddle around a plug-in heater with him?

JanH Sat 29-Jan-05 23:49:17

lol at tasting it off all the cars btw! Snow here is probably toxic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now