Talk

Advanced search

to patch or not to patch?

(9 Posts)
Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 18:42:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

starlover Fri 28-Jan-05 19:11:03

i would say... don't bother! he'll go through the knees again anyway.
Maybe just keep one pair for when you want him to go out without holes in the knees... and make sure he knows that when he is in them he should be a bit careful!

It'll be summer soon enough, and then (as you say) he'll be in shorts.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 28-Jan-05 19:13:36

Put him in shorts. They are very hardy boys. Failing that just put the jeans on him until they fall off. Nothing will help, it's why I've never been able to pass on boys clothes.

Whizzz Fri 28-Jan-05 19:15:34

Make him wear some skateboard knee pads over his trousers !!

Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 19:39:34

LIZS Fri 28-Jan-05 19:42:48

same problems with ds. I do patch , becasue they look hardly worn elsewhere adn I think i shoudl, but the iron on ones don't stay on by themeselves, especially if he gets bored and starts to pick at the edge, so I also sew them and it is such a hassle ! Makes you wish they wore a uniform.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 28-Jan-05 19:43:15

DS1 is now 12. Fortunately his trousers are now safe. However, he now plays rugby as well as football so MUD is our life now. His complete body is mud covered as are the kits that he wears.

Ah yes... the joys of boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 28-Jan-05 19:44:26

Uniform trousers go at the knee even quicker than jeans. Which is why I buy mine at ASDA for about £6

Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 19:54:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now