Talk

Advanced search

Please don't make me go Mum...

(16 Posts)
twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 10:28:40

That's me talking

Have to take DS (almost 4) for his mumps jab today

don't wanna .. don't wanna ... don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...don't wanna .. don't wanna ...

paolosgirl Thu 27-Jan-05 10:32:32

Can't you give him his bus fare, and send him on his way?

colditzmum Thu 27-Jan-05 10:33:34

Sweeties!!!!

Marina Thu 27-Jan-05 10:33:35

Or have him biked over there and back...
Poor you and poor him. Spose he's a bit young to tell him what might happen to his nads if he's not immunised against mumps...

WigWamBam Thu 27-Jan-05 10:34:16

Be a big brave girl, Twiglett, it'll all be over soon.

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 10:35:34

be ready with the sweets and a magazine for afterwards!!

and for you, whatever u need to calm your nerves.

Blu Thu 27-Jan-05 10:51:38

I made myself all ill and headachey last time I took DS for a jab. In the event, he sat on my lap and I started to unwrap a lolly (needs must) just as the nurse swabbed his arm and it was all over before he even noticed it. I had an emergency new plasitc knight in my bag, too, but it wasn't needed.

Honest.

charliecat Thu 27-Jan-05 10:54:08

make sure they swab his arm first or do it your self ....my dd is recovereing from an awful infection in her arm after a jab...a few other MNetters kids have had the same.

twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 15:00:51

well .. he moaned about leaving the house "I don't want to" .. but then he skipped and galloped up the path when we got there

sat on my lap, she jabbed him in the thigh (no, she didn't swab .. eek .. too late for that one) and he looked at me, grinned and said 'That didn't hurt'

and he was fine

until in the car I said how proud I was of him for being brave and he just lost it again saying he doesn't like me and I promised to get him a new leg ?? .. WTF? as long as I ignore him and treat it matter of factly its all ok .. but dare to comment on him being fabulous and he gets narked ... PMSL

I have such contrary kids

Gobbledigook Thu 27-Jan-05 15:01:37

Twiglett - ditto!!!!! DS1 is EXACTLY the same!!

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 27-Jan-05 15:03:37

Glad it went ok Twiglett.

Ds1 has his Mumps jab in March.

Last time we went (rubella booster) he freaked because the doctor decided it was best to go into a big long explanation of what was going to happen. I'm dreading March.

twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 15:29:36

Quick warning Puff .. I turned up and they said 'didn't you get our letter all mumps clinics have been cancelled because they didn't have a shipment of the vaccine' luckily they had a few in reserve in the fridge and took pity on me (or got scared of my apopletic face )

so call in advance to confirm and specify its for mumps .. just in case HTH

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 27-Jan-05 16:46:36

Thanks for the tip twiglett .

wild Thu 27-Jan-05 16:48:58

Yeah, mumps vaccine is like gold dust

twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 19:26:39

You're telling me .. this particular mumps jab was booked and paid for in June 2002

aloha Thu 27-Jan-05 19:47:39

I find chocolate is a wonder drug. Insert in mouth at time of jab, and hey presto, no pain! Glad it went well Twiglett - ds is having his in Feb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now