Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you do for a 2 yrs old's birthday party???

(10 Posts)
Chandra Thu 27-Jan-05 00:23:22

I'm not sur if this should be in multicultural families or here but anyways, the truth is that I was raised in other country where birthday parties are completely different, I have got an idea about what is done here in England but the only parties DS has attended where for older children so I'm not sure about what kind of activities may be interesting for a bunch of 2 yrs old (I'm planning to invite around 10 of his "classmates" from the nursery since he is so attached to them and I really want to meet them )

Any ideas about what can I do to entertain his friends and maybe some of their parents?

Chandra Thu 27-Jan-05 00:24:50

Dear god, sory for the typos and spelling errors... it must be the time..

Chandra Thu 27-Jan-05 00:25:27

and yet again.. sorRy instead of sory... must be the keyboard

Chandra Thu 27-Jan-05 11:26:13

Any one?

Lonelymum Thu 27-Jan-05 11:31:46

I have never given a party for 2 year olds so I think you are pretty brave to even attempt it! 10 sounds like a big number! Will the party be soon or when the weather is warmer? I am not sure 2 year old can play organised games. Might it not be an idea to have a smaller number and just let them play with your ds's toys while you chat with the parents? You could then have a nice tea. Sorry, not much idea here, just didn't like to see that no-one has replied to you.

yoyo Thu 27-Jan-05 11:34:55

I found parties at this age were pretty much a waste of time. I went to a lot of effort with DD1 who was completely uninterested in it all, a fair amount of effort with DD2 (guilt at doing it for DD1) and again she wasn't that bothered, and nothing for DS (we had a "fun" tea and cake for ourselves).

If I was doing one I'd make it around a meal time so they might just eat something, a few songs they might be familiar with from nursery, blow bubbles, kick around balloons, etc. It depends how much mess you want to put up with really. I wouldn't organise too much as they are just too young. I would also expect parents to stay - a houseful of terrible twos and the tantrum ratio could be high!!

Good luck.

Michaelangelo Thu 27-Jan-05 11:38:12

I agree, nothng too organised, we just had about 4 friends round and they quite happily played with toys, "tea" was sitting on the floor like a picnic and we did play pass the parcel which they enjoyed as they all got Milky Way stars to eat!

LIZS Thu 27-Jan-05 11:40:12

We just did free play, tea and a few "games" to music. You could get a bubble machine or have loads of ballons around for some entertainment. Keep it short and structure very basic.

Chandra Thu 27-Jan-05 11:46:12

Do you know if those inflatable ball pools can be hired? I don't expect the 10 of them to attend as we have not met some of their parents (actually, I'm terrified that nobody come ). The party would be in the last week of February so not really warm.

About the suggestion of free play and a chat with other parents, what do you prepare for the parents (as I have said I come from another culture where you could not expect the invitees to leave until late in the night!)

LIZS Thu 27-Jan-05 12:05:01

The parents are entertained by their kids having a good time ! Seriously they stay to supervise as much as to enjoy themselves - perhaps with a drink and cake.

You may be able to get a ball pool from either a party shop or local toy library.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now