Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

this will make you all laugh!!!

(15 Posts)
lilsmum Wed 26-Jan-05 23:18:08

before xmas i decided it would be a nice thing to make a b'day card for dd (1 today!) and send into cbeebies, was really proud of my card and i have been so excited for the last 3 wks waiting to see if they would show it, was going to tape it for dd to watch when she was older as a little keepsake!!! even went out of my way to go the post office to post it, it was all glittery with tweenies on, i wrote on the back all the families names etc, watched this morn and they didnt show it!!! GUTTED!!!! BEEN SLAGGING CBEEBIES OFF ALL DAY............then i realised i forgot to put what date her birthday is!!!! HOW THICK AM I?!?!?!?!?

suzywong Wed 26-Jan-05 23:19:15

you are a bona fide donkey (no offence)

lilsmum Wed 26-Jan-05 23:21:27

i know!!! what a complete and utter dork!!! pmsl, been telling everyone to watch today too, i shall never hear the last of this!!!

SPARKLER1 Wed 26-Jan-05 23:22:43

ooops!!

jessicasmummy Wed 26-Jan-05 23:23:04

thats exactly the sort of thing i woukld do! bless ya xx

cat82 Wed 26-Jan-05 23:28:04

Noooooo lilsmum! oh dear

Make another one for next year!

moondog Wed 26-Jan-05 23:40:44

I think you would be amazed at how common this is. One of my colleagues sits on a board that funds further research,study, stuff like that in our proffesional field She reckons at least a third of the submissions have to be rejected outright as people forget to put their names/addresses/field of interest/research topics and so on down.
Duuuuurgh!!!!!

moondog Wed 26-Jan-05 23:40:44

I think you would be amazed at how common this is. One of my colleagues sits on a board that funds further research,study, stuff like that in our proffesional field She reckons at least a third of the submissions have to be rejected outright as people forget to put their names/addresses/field of interest/research topics and so on down.
Duuuuurgh!!!!!

lilsmum Thu 27-Jan-05 07:43:40

i still cant believe i didnt put the date on!!!!im in shock!!! i did have a sort of excuse though!! i had o send it 3 wk before the date which was xmas....so my head was up my bum at the time!! lol

Titania Thu 27-Jan-05 07:47:32

oops....poor you!! hope dd has a lovely day anyway!! hows the pup doing?

anorak Thu 27-Jan-05 08:35:12

My dad was in Thailand when the tsunami struck. He was in fact, perfectly safe and far away. But my sister and brother received many phone calls and messages asking after him, including exhortations to 'call back immediately' from callers who had forgotten to say who they were!

You are not the only one!

lilsmum Thu 27-Jan-05 09:56:37

titania, the pup is seriously doing my head in!!! lol chewing EVERYTHING!!! driving me completely nuts me and dd are currently full of flu and on antibiotics so going to wait till she better then have her b'day iykwim

how bout your pup? how you getting on? xx

lilsmum Thu 27-Jan-05 09:57:45

anorak, i am glad your dad was ok, i guess people panic and forget things in the stress of everything dont they x

starlover Thu 27-Jan-05 10:32:56

someone I know works for the friday-ad on the phones, taking orders or whatever for the ads.
this is a phone call she had a while ago:

caller: Oh, hello, I was just wondering how much your free ads cost?

friend: ~pause~ have a think about that and then call me back.

beeeeeeeeep

lilsmum Thu 27-Jan-05 10:49:49

starlover.... that a good one lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now