Talk

Advanced search

Have you heard this song on CBeebies ?

(16 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Thu 19-Jun-08 18:49:18

Have you seen that performance on CBeebies where the kids are out in a field singing "It's our world"? It is sooo sweet. I feel a bit of a prat as I can't get the damb song out of my head. I shouldn't be enjoying anything on CBeebies at my age. Am I going mad ???hmm

scrappydappydoo Thu 19-Jun-08 18:52:05

Yes you are mad! I HATE it and I've only seen it twice... its too sickly sweet and stage schooly. Sorry

mummyloveslucy Thu 19-Jun-08 18:56:52

Oh.blush

mummyloveslucy Thu 19-Jun-08 19:05:22

I thought I was! The little girl at the beggining reminds me of an older version of my daughter.
I would be soo proud if she could sing like that one day. We can't afford stage school though.

scrappydappydoo Thu 19-Jun-08 19:10:29

Sorry - Just my personal opinion - you can like it but its not for me especially compared to other cbeebies songs like the number raps or the recycling song. Mind you - I do think the little girl is cute though

mummyloveslucy Thu 19-Jun-08 19:18:02

Yes I like those songs too. I really am sad!!

nattienoo Fri 18-Jul-08 18:38:38

hi totatly agree with you its excellent like you myself and my daughter cant stop singing it even my 14 year old is hooked and hoping that i can buy it.

meemar Fri 18-Jul-08 18:41:21

arrrrrrrrgh - I've got it in my head now grin

There was a recent thread full of people saying how awful it was, so maybe you can redress the balance.

Not likely though wink

TheOldestCat Fri 18-Jul-08 18:43:01

I've had the cbeebies 'summer' song in my head all day.

Probably karma for me laughing at the poor presenters splashing around in the sea when it was clearly a freezing day.

meemar Fri 18-Jul-08 18:45:05

Oh, I like the summer song. I've got that in my head instead now, good.

And yes, I agree - it looked bloody cold on that beach grin

FAQ Fri 18-Jul-08 18:48:56

not a very good advert for summer is it, taking away the fact that it was obviojsly cold on the beach when they filmed.......

where were their hats?????

TheOldestCat Fri 18-Jul-08 19:11:22

They have to use their acting skills, those beebie presenters, don't they?

And the spring one was obviously filmed in autumn (look at the colour of the leaves on the ground). You won't have trouble remembering it - they were playing it until a couple of weeks ago. wink To be fair, it's not exactly been summery...

meemar Fri 18-Jul-08 19:46:08

The springtime song was good too - but you're right - it didn't really feel like spring and they all had jumpers on!

I feel a bit sorry for Pui in the summer song because it was obviously written for the male voices! It's pitched slightly too low for her voice and she sounds dodgy on some of the notes.

Gosh, I really must get a life blushgrin

scrappydappydoo Fri 18-Jul-08 19:55:38

Runs away to the other thread..grin

bran Fri 18-Jul-08 19:59:02

It's an awful song, and the thing that (irrationally) annoys me most about it is that they sing "we are the children of tomorrow" when they are flipping obviously the children of today! They are all very stage schooly as pointed out before.

TinkerBellesMum Fri 18-Jul-08 20:22:50

Green Balloon

Spring Watch

Couldn't find summer though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now