Advanced search

What can I do with a 'spare' gas cooker?

(4 Posts)
CarrieG Wed 26-Jan-05 19:59:16

Having new kitchen fitted (converting cellar), including built in oven & hob. Existing cooker is a bog standard upright, bought 18 months ago for about £300. Anyone know of a charity that accepts them?

Can't see it being worth trying to flog it - I'm thinking that if I bought a £300 cooker 2nd hand, I'd not want to pay more than a £100, & then there's moving it & getting it fitted by a Corgi fitter...doubt we'd get any takers on ebay etc.

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 20:01:08

try flogging it, u may get get sdome cash for it. is the gas pipe just a plug in a twist one? i was told only fitted cookers/hobs have to be corgi fitted.

pixiefish Wed 26-Jan-05 20:04:15

they do sell on ebay you know- wouldn't have thought so either

CarrieG Wed 26-Jan-05 20:12:17

Hmmm...thanks! Looks like we might get £20-50 or so (it's in good working order but hardly 'immaculate'). Might give it a go on ebay then, unless anyone can think of a worthy cause that collects them...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: