Talk

Advanced search

Stressed buidlers being an Ar*e help me

(19 Posts)
melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:06:09

Build finished 2 weeks ago , took them ages at the end as they just didnt turn up , also main man NEVER returned any of our calls and then when he was here he was going on about the big builds he had elsewere, Like I gave a Fu*k !!! Anywhooo long story short, theres a probelm with the water in the new loft bathroom: showers either hot or hotter and bath is either lukewarm or slightly warm lukewarm.After all the money spent I cant even enjoy it. To top it off the scaffloding is still up and the scaffolding guy just slammed his phone down us saying dont ring me, ring buider , as he is owed £250!! Like the builder gives a monkeys about wether the scaffolding is up or down!! Weeve been calking for the last 2 weeks on every number we have and he just doesnt reply , either hangs up or goes to voicemail. We dont know what to do and are pulling our hair out, why should we pay someone else to see to his BODGE job of plumbing. I just feel sick with it all now and wnat it to be OVER. It also causing strain in an already strained relationship. WE are at our wits end and to make matters worse our cleaner is builders sister , who has been working for our family for like years and years and her husband is or decorator, but neither seem interested in this and say they cant say anything!!!
sorry had to rant , ive left it off mn for the whole build , as it didnt feel justified with tsunami disaster and others suffering legitamately , but I just had to get it off my chest and now have really bad headache.

melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:15:53

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:19:09

SHHHIIITTT scaffolding guys on the phone to dh ,dh has said hell get another componay round to remove it all, hes saying hell damage my roof if we get another company to remove it , hes demanding the money be here. Im crapping it. What do we do????

open Wed 26-Jan-05 19:27:37

Can you threaten him with Trading Standards? It's obviously not finished and not 'fit for purpose'.

melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:29:58

Im not sure , do they deal with private builds ? shame council dont have to sign off there workmanship.

jangly Wed 26-Jan-05 19:30:28

Get on to Citizens Advice Bureau in morning. Or trading Standards. Are they a member of this They might be able to help.

melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 19:52:34

Cant find them on there , funny that!!!

I feel sick

irishbird Wed 26-Jan-05 19:58:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinker Wed 26-Jan-05 19:59:05

Is scaffolder threatening to damage your roof?

Re builder. Can you get someone else to fix his crappy work and then sue builder through Small Claims Court. Think you can even sue online these days.

irishbird Wed 26-Jan-05 20:08:51

irishbird Wed 26-Jan-05 20:09:52

irishbird Wed 26-Jan-05 20:10:48

irishbird Wed 26-Jan-05 20:11:45

melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:26:47

nah its not Alan but my gawd does it sound like the same person !! Dh refuses to go down litigation route (even jst to threaten him). Also havent a clue how to either !!Builder and scaffolding guys are separate. We have no responsibility to scaffolders, the builder was to sort that, ha ha !! I go from angry to anxious and upset all in one moment.

irishbird Wed 26-Jan-05 20:31:56

melsy Wed 26-Jan-05 20:41:35

Unfortnately weve paid him in full now. We were so concerned that we had hot water up there , that we didnt even think about getting cold !!! We didnt realise until we started using it all properly.

Caligula Wed 26-Jan-05 20:46:13

If the scaffolder has threatened to damage your roof, I'd report him to the police immediately, don't wait for another threat.

They'll stroll round for a quiet word, and it'll calm him down.

How about the local press? They like builders from hell stories, and if you're chatting to your cleaner about it, you could mention that you're thinking of calling them if the builder doesn't answer your calls. That might get him to call you.

hub2dee Mon 31-Jan-05 22:00:01

Can you clarify what type of heating setup you have supplying the shower in the loft, and the bath ? (Combi boiler / electric shower / trad boiler / water cylinder)

hub2dee Mon 31-Jan-05 22:19:49

(I'll try and help suggest any causes of the water temp problems, ITH)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now