Talk

Advanced search

Need some Thankyou idea's

(11 Posts)
Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 18:19:54

Wanted to get my mum and dad something to show how much we appreciate everything they do for us but am a bit stumped as to what to get them.

Can't be anything too extravagent as we on a bit of a budget at the mo but we could probably spare about £100.

Was thinking about sending them to the theatre as they love going but its not usually a high prioirity for themselves to arrange - usually v. busy with work etc. Not sure what would be best fr them to see.

Does anyone know if you can get "open" tickets to use a show of their choice? AOr alternatively, ay other idea's?

Thanks
SC x

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:20:53

yes you can get theatre vouchers

where are your parents based??

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 18:26:13

Luton Twiglett so very easy access into London.

That's excellent, maybe that's the best thing for me to do and i know they would love it

starlover Tue 25-Jan-05 18:28:42

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:33:00

does this help

(have never used them .. just googled)

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 18:33:54

get them a box at the theatre, so it's like a real occasion (don't forget the champers)

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:35:25

I never like the view from boxes though .. a couple of rows back in the stalls is best IMHO

I think boxes are more to be seen, than to see sometimes

still depends whether your parents would enjoy that or not

flashingnose Tue 25-Jan-05 18:39:52

Milton Keynes theatre is apparently very good - might get more for your money there IYKWIM.

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 18:40:54

twig, i'd just love the idea of not being shoved by someone else & being able to stretch out a bit

Hausfrau Tue 25-Jan-05 18:42:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 19:02:12

A box may be a good idea as my dad is quite big -tall and build wise.
He always asks for a aisle seat so he is more comfortable.

What a great idea - I'm on the case now!

Have just ordered a huge bouquet of flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now