Talk

Advanced search

Need some Thankyou idea's

(11 Posts)
Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 18:19:54

Wanted to get my mum and dad something to show how much we appreciate everything they do for us but am a bit stumped as to what to get them.

Can't be anything too extravagent as we on a bit of a budget at the mo but we could probably spare about £100.

Was thinking about sending them to the theatre as they love going but its not usually a high prioirity for themselves to arrange - usually v. busy with work etc. Not sure what would be best fr them to see.

Does anyone know if you can get "open" tickets to use a show of their choice? AOr alternatively, ay other idea's?

Thanks
SC x

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:20:53

yes you can get theatre vouchers

where are your parents based??

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 18:26:13

Luton Twiglett so very easy access into London.

That's excellent, maybe that's the best thing for me to do and i know they would love it

starlover Tue 25-Jan-05 18:28:42

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:33:00

does this help

(have never used them .. just googled)

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 18:33:54

get them a box at the theatre, so it's like a real occasion (don't forget the champers)

Twiglett Tue 25-Jan-05 18:35:25

I never like the view from boxes though .. a couple of rows back in the stalls is best IMHO

I think boxes are more to be seen, than to see sometimes

still depends whether your parents would enjoy that or not

flashingnose Tue 25-Jan-05 18:39:52

Milton Keynes theatre is apparently very good - might get more for your money there IYKWIM.

bundle Tue 25-Jan-05 18:40:54

twig, i'd just love the idea of not being shoved by someone else & being able to stretch out a bit

Hausfrau Tue 25-Jan-05 18:42:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 19:02:12

A box may be a good idea as my dad is quite big -tall and build wise.
He always asks for a aisle seat so he is more comfortable.

What a great idea - I'm on the case now!

Have just ordered a huge bouquet of flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: