Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Periods a year after birth

(3 Posts)
Hayls Tue 25-Jan-05 18:03:33

Dd was born almost a year ago (29th) and I've had one period since then on the 21st December. THat makes it 5 weeks since my last one. they were never very regular before I had dd but I'm still panicking a bit. I'm still bf 2 or 3 times a day but I thought that when they returned once they wouldn't stop again. What normally happens when they finally return? I'm definitely not ttc and we are careful but ... I don't have any pre menstrual symptoms atm but maybe I've forgotten what they were like? Similarly I don't have any early pg symptoms!

Hope this makes sense and someone can advise!

Lonelymum Tue 25-Jan-05 18:05:46

Until you stop b/f you can not be sure of your periods. I know because I had all sorts of funny things happen to my periods when I was b/f 2 of my children and when I went to the doctors, she said I would have to stop b/f before I would know if anything was amiss or not. Mine are still not quite right now nearly 11 months after stopping b/f but I believe they can change after pg anyway. HTH

Eulalia Tue 25-Jan-05 18:13:52

I was in a similar position to you - periods returned after 13 months with ds then were very irregular (sometimes as much as 8 weeks till the next one) and took about 8 months to settle down (still b/feeding through all this). Conceived dd 3 months later and after dd was born it took 18 months for periods to return. Again took several months to settle down. Currently pg with no 3 so expect the whole thing to start up again.

Basically the continued b/feeding still affects your cycle but th e older your baby is the less this will be so as they feed less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now