Talk

Advanced search

WE'VE EXCHANGED FINALLY!!!!!!!! YIPEEEEEE

(14 Posts)
Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 16:06:38

Well, you've probably guessed i'm quite excited!

We have finally exchanged contracts on our house and we are moving in on Thursday - i am so excited i cannot wait.
We have been at mum and dad's for the last month and it'll be lovely to have our own space again

We have had a fair share of worries and headaches (Actually, i think it has just been one big headache) but at least we are nearly there - only 1.5 more days and it'll be ours.

Then there's the hefty mortgage to worry about but that's a whole nother kettle of fish!!!!

CountessDracula Tue 25-Jan-05 16:08:48

brilliant! Did they drop the price? i have been wondering about you!

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 16:10:34

Sorry CD - i am not very good at remember to go back to old threads!

Yes they did drop the price which was great but then the mortgage company made an almighty f**k up which resulted in me in absolutely hysterics this morning but all appears to be fine now.

Fingers crossed.

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 25-Jan-05 16:11:38

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, Well done you Enjoy your new home. Be sure to open up a housewarming bar on here when you're reconnected

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 16:12:40

Oh definitely! I nearly cracked open a bottle of dry white at about 10 this morning when everything looked ready to go tits up

Ho Hum - they do say moving is one of the most stressful things, dont they?

Sponge Tue 25-Jan-05 16:17:42

It is stressful but it's so great when they hand you the keys and that house is yours.
Congrats SC. Enjoy your new space.

ixel Tue 25-Jan-05 16:36:18

We accepted an offer, and had an offer accepted, in November. Still going. No sign of exchange. Tons of questions. Tons of errors on the part of solicitors. Tons of footwork by me to sort it out. I'm so envious of anyone that can manage to exchange contracts in less than 10 years!!

CountessDracula Tue 25-Jan-05 16:43:45

Don't tell me - they didn't tell you about the accrued interest or whatever it's called!

Springchicken Tue 25-Jan-05 18:31:31

Oh Ixel - how awful, i know how stressful it is. Hope you get exchanged soon!

CD, the problem arose when the morons at the mortgage company didn't change the amount of deposit. It was initially £29000 but we requested it be changed to £26000 to coincide with the price drop of the house - however, having gone through final figures this morning they hadn't done this so we have had to find the £3000 elsewhere anyway!

Springchicken Thu 27-Jan-05 09:57:07

Well today is the day!

Does anyone know how long it takes for all the money to be transferred?
My solicitor said he will ring me when he has done it but im just sat here twiddling my thumbs. I've sent DP to Maccy D's for a bacon butty

Is it usually 1p.m when you can collect the keys?

littlerach Thu 27-Jan-05 10:08:27

Depends on how many are in the chain etc. Ours was done by 2pm.

I've been looking out for you on August thread, glad its all going ok! How is Evie? Ler us know all your news when you are settled in. Good luck with it all today.xxx

Springchicken Thu 27-Jan-05 10:16:03

It's only us in the chain - the people we are buying from are emigrating to Oz.

Will catch up on the July/August thread once we are settled

LIZS Thu 27-Jan-05 10:18:05

Good luck. we got our keys at lunchtime , dh went to the agents while I waited for our van. Unlocked front door to find previous owners still there ! They hadn't had a call from their solicitor and at least an hour had passed by !! Bit embarrassing to oust them.

Mothernature Thu 27-Jan-05 10:19:22

As far as collecting the keys go, your right its usually sometime around 1-3pm, only when the vendors solicitors have called the estate agent to say money has arrived can they release keys..good luck..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: