Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ok.....another puppy question!!!

(21 Posts)
lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:10:07

my puppy is 11wk and is really testing my nerves with the chewing of everything!!! including me, dp and dd!!! oh and erm also is going through a phase of trying to "bonk" the cat and dd!!!!

how long do these phases last????

xx

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 22:15:01

F O R E V E R!!!!!!!!!

pixiefish Sat 22-Jan-05 22:15:49

Mine lasted like this till she was about 2.

lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:18:17

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! lol

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 22:19:53

No seriously, I think ours stopped chewing about 7/8 months although if we leave him he chews anything! He's 4 now! As for the ..ahem .. well I think he was just over 1 year. He still does it occasionally but only with M and FIL's dog.
It's actually very amusing in a weird way as our dog is a beagle so he's medium sized and their dog is a 12 stone Rottweiller!!!

misdee Sat 22-Jan-05 22:20:22

lol at bonking the cat.

mine is very chewy, i have just had to take the dishwasher control panel which was behind the bin away from her (repair man fitted new one today).

lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:22:36

newbarnsleygirl..... im sure that is quite funny to see pmsl!!!

beagles are soooo cute!!! bet he was sweet when a pup, weve got a yellow lab, and trust me if he wasnt so cute......(psycho theme!!)

lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:23:57

misdee, the cat is stupid and just stands there!!! duh!! but then again the cat has always been a bit strange i.e trying to bonk his own brother when they were kittens!! (eh?!?!?)

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 22:27:29

He was a gorgeous pup. We got him just before that film Cats and dogs came out then when we took him out, all we got was kids running over or shouting "mum mum it's Lou from cats and dogs!"
Lab pups are soooo lovely. I hope he gets a bit better for you soon.
Tip; what people say about puppys chewing shoes is true. Watch out!

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 22:28:27

I never thought, my dog is gay!

misdee Sat 22-Jan-05 22:29:56

lol.

lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:30:14

i love the film cats and dogs!!! (big kid aint i lol)the chewing thing is really doing my head in though lol....btw thanks for the tip

lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:31:58

i think most dogs are gay!!! my mums dog a belgian sheperd tries to bonk my grandads dog a king charles spaniel!!!

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 22:37:36

LOL! What is it in our brains that suddenly makes us think "Ah yes let's get a puppy"
I hope you have'nt read the other thread on dogs lilsmum?

lilsmum Sat 22-Jan-05 22:41:12

yep i have!! wish i had read that before we got ours!! but then ive always been one of them people you cant "tell" i have to learn myself lol

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 22:49:09

Yup. Me too. Oh well, I bet your children love him though. Someone did recommend a toy for dogs which helps to stop them from chewing. It's like a ball which has a puzzle in it. You drop a biscuit in it and the dog has to roll the ball about to get it back out. It's meant to keep them occupied therefore keeps their mind off chewing. Another one is a plastic type bone with little bumps on it which are good for teething and it keeps their breath fresh. You can get them both from Pets at home.

katiesmum1 Sat 22-Jan-05 23:15:51

Our puppy is 14 weeks and it isn't really chewing that bothers me it's the fact that she has to take katies soft toys (katie is 18 months) and lick them to death
She has chewed the corner of the kitchen wall and the bottom of the dishwasher and she loved the cotton reel which fell from the drawer cotton all over the kitchen floor!!!

Saying that I love her to bits and frequently tell her that she is a pain in the arse and lucky to have such a good home

On a serious note bitter apple spray is supposed to be really good at putting them off!! I can only find it on the usa ebay site though!!

redsky Sat 22-Jan-05 23:18:03

My Wozzy is gay too! He's a small, VERY HAIRY tibetan terrier and his 'friend' is a huge white samoyed!

ps they love biting each others tongues too - That's a bit weird isn't it???

fostermum Sun 23-Jan-05 07:28:42

my dog [older one]lovves my daughter, just the middle one every chance he getsbut he also cocks his leg on door to door sales men and jahovas witnesses which is so embarrassing

lilsmum Sun 23-Jan-05 07:36:03

newbarnsleygirl....he has SOOOO many toys!! but still thinks my leg or hand is much more effective lol, or dd's toys grrr!!!

redsky pmsl!!

fostermum...your dog sounds so funny!!! with the sales men etc, what a cool gog!! lol

lilsmum Sun 23-Jan-05 07:36:33

gog!?!?!? whats a gog lol, meant dog

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now