Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick dh just spilt choc paint on new wool carpet

(19 Posts)
melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:27:53

And typically its right in the middle of my new bedroom. Ive used vanish oxi stuff twice and its still not budging , help b4 i murder him !!I'm SOOOO upset ait only went down likea week ago.

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:34:49

help

Frizbe Sat 22-Jan-05 11:35:55

erm bump

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:36:50

dh gone off in a huff to find some stain devil emover thingy. Ive gone maddd at him.

Titania Sat 22-Jan-05 11:37:46

this might help

morningpaper Sat 22-Jan-05 11:44:56

chocolate paint?

Is it chocolate or paint?

Were you painting each other with chocolate?

Ring your insurance company - say you've made no attempt to clear it up apart from removing the excess - see what they recommend. They will probably send someone round to try and remove it.

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:45:17

Problem is is thats its a boucle style woven carpt , so if i use scrubbing brush it will break the loops up and damage it. Ive used vanish oxi 3 times now. Think its water based though , may try a little toothbrush & water.

morningpaper Sat 22-Jan-05 11:47:06

Don't do too much cleaning because it invalidates your insurance if you've used chemical products etc. so best to make it look like you've not made much effort.

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:47:08

I new it may sound like that !!! Thanx for making me larf I feel sick. Its chocolate vinyl emulsion. He was just touching up some scuff marks from when the carpet as layed(OH THE IRONY).

morningpaper Sat 22-Jan-05 11:48:13

What's he doing? Have you thrown him out into the garden? Why isn't he cleaning it up? Get him to ring the insurance people...

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:48:31

So your suggesting we make a claim? I didnt know they would come and clean it??

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:49:21

hes gone to the shops , I said I was ready to stick a knife in him !! that may be why hes gone out !!

morningpaper Sat 22-Jan-05 11:49:33

Yes definitely. Ring up and find out what they recommend. They usually have a 24 hour line. And YOU DON'T PAY EXTRA IF YOU MAKE A CLAIM ON HOUSE INSURANCE! It's not like car insurance in that way. So try and see what they say.

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:49:57

He said he didnt know what to do and panicked, so I told him Id do it.

morningpaper Sat 22-Jan-05 11:50:27

hehe

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 11:51:52

do they come out that quickly ?? wont they smell the vanish stuff ?

morningpaper Sat 22-Jan-05 12:06:12

Give them a ring and see what they say! You coudl say you tried vanish - they might say that invalidates your claim (it does on mine) but it's worth a try?

melsy Sat 22-Jan-05 12:15:48

thanx mornin paper, dh brought stain devil 8 home and just used it (even though its not for carpet!!!) , it has faded a little , but carpets got fluffy now ggggrrrrrrrrrr. Will let it dry and then hoover later.

doggiewalker Sat 22-Jan-05 12:38:42

DH spilt yellow emulsion paint on our bedroom carpet and tried to clean it up while I was out. (2/3 years ago). It was not saveable, and the carpet stank awful after a few days from the water that had gone on it to try and clean it. We had to make a claim, and the insurance company just allowed us to put in a new carpet.

Hope you get it sorted out Melsy and I'm sure it was just an accident! Your poor DH is probably feeling a bit sh** right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now