Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for my ds 2nd birthday?

(13 Posts)
marj Fri 21-Jan-05 22:27:32

Hi! Does anyone have any ideas what I can do for my ds 2nd birthday. Its a couple of months away but I need to start thinking about it. Last year ended up having a huge party with far too many people and lots of mess. Maybe I should go somewhere where its all organised and they clean up too. Has anyone done this before and do you have any suggestions where I might go?

Thanks in advance for helping me!

gingernut Fri 21-Jan-05 22:36:06

Most of the soft play places round here do parties...it's not very personal but almost completley hassle-free.

marj Fri 21-Jan-05 22:37:40

sounds good. He does like soft play too. Do you know if any of them do food too? I would definitely rather not do loads of cooking if I can help it!

SPARKLER1 Fri 21-Jan-05 22:38:11

dd was invited to a 2nd birthday party last weekend. They hired the local church hall, hired a bouncy castle, soft play stuff and a small ball pool. The kids loved it. Had a bit of party food in a small side room in the hall.

essbee Fri 21-Jan-05 22:38:37

Message withdrawn

SPARKLER1 Fri 21-Jan-05 22:38:56

where do you live marj?

nailpolish Fri 21-Jan-05 22:39:16

agree with gingernut. we have a brewsters here that have great helpers (dont know what they are called officially) and they take over (theres lots of them) and you can join in or have a bit of time out when they are having birthday cake etc, and they wear bibs that alarm if the child wanders out of play area (but at 2 yrs old you would prob be there) they provide cake, buffet stuff and balloons, the works

marj Fri 21-Jan-05 22:43:41

I live in South Wales.

gingernut Fri 21-Jan-05 22:45:41

Yes, the ones I know of do food and party bags if you want.

marj Fri 21-Jan-05 22:48:12

I love the idea of it all being sorted for me. I did party bags last year for about 25 children, and sorted the food for the kids and the adults too. The price per head would probably be less by paying someone else to do it for me I think.

essbee Fri 21-Jan-05 22:49:42

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Fri 21-Jan-05 23:00:42

if you go to brewsters they have a bar

marj Sat 22-Jan-05 12:02:52

Sounds brilliant! Just what I am after, especially with the bar too.

Thanks everyone for your help. There is a Brewsters quite close to me so I will give them a call. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now