Talk

Advanced search

Married to the Army ?

(13 Posts)
jrsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 21:06:44

Just wondered how many Army wives use this site ?

happymerryberries Fri 21-Jan-05 21:07:59

i'm married to someone in the RAF, not quite Army I know

jrsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 21:15:26

Almost the same but in blue. My husband would kill me for saying that. Do you know that my dh refers to RAf as bluebottles ! My sis in the RAf thinks hes just so funny, but then she says he is cannon fodder !!!!

happymerryberries Fri 21-Jan-05 21:17:27

There are Army wives who post. Dh is away at the moment in the US, but due back tomorrow, He has had a desk tour this last few years so I have had a soft time since the end of Gulf war 2. He is about to get back flying, so I will be lone mummy again

jrsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 21:19:11

Bloody Gulf War2. My dh is there at the moment. He's in basra where the explosion was yesterday very sleepless night but thankfully he is fine and no-one was badly injured.

Satine Fri 21-Jan-05 21:25:20

My dh goes to Iraq in Apr for 6 months...not looking forward to coping with two small children on my own but I used to be in the Army myself, so I know it just goes with the territory.

happymerryberries Fri 21-Jan-05 21:28:30

I realy feel for Army wives when it comes to conflicts. Dh (am I ) have it easy in comparison. Even during the war dh was a long way from most of the trouble, flying over doesn't realy compare, tbh. I hope the time passes swiftly for you all and your dhs are home safe and sound. Hugs.

jrsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 21:29:33

Satine, your dh is probably taking over from our lot as they have just started a 6 mth tour. That is if hes Army of course.

Word of advise watch out for ITV they have been door knocking, and went to the local junior school and asked the headmaster to comment on how the children were coping when 9 soldiers had died!! No one has died they just shitty heartless b***d's.

Sorry for swearing but I think their sick!!!!!

happymerryberries Fri 21-Jan-05 21:33:04

Bastards! They are kids ffs!

When I was first married ITN posted the names of two guys who died in a crash before the father of one had been contacted! They said it was 'in the public interest'. Even though the crash was over the North Sea and no civilians could possibly have been at risk. Blood sucking bastards.

jrsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 21:35:32

They are nasty pieces of work and I really want them to knock on my door so I can tell them exactly that. The BBC however have gone through all the correct channels and only talk to us via the regt.

Satine Fri 21-Jan-05 21:36:10

Can you imagine having the press on your doorstep if (god forbid) your dh had died/been injured? They really are despicable. God knows what I'd do to them but it would probably involve the heaviest saucepan I've got...or perhaps a full nappy....

jrsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 21:39:19

I think a swift kick to the correct place may also solve the problem. Even worse is when they report wrong informaton. On a lighter note so far today we have been based in Aldershot and Canterbury. both are wrong!! And at least 2 yrs out of date. Stupid people !!

Satine Fri 21-Jan-05 21:48:50

The journalists and editors (and reporters for most TV channels) are such barefaced hypocrites, too. Aaaagh! They really make my blood boil. They cause such misery and make awful situations so much worse. I heard a reporter the other day complaining that conditions were so hard for those on location reporting on the tsunami. One hopes they get their comeuppance one day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: