Talk

Advanced search

Its' Friday !

(20 Posts)
kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 18:51:51

It's Friday what are you all doing out there in mumsland?

miam Fri 21-Jan-05 18:54:01

Have just eaten too much dinner and am sitting looking at a 'speedshaper' contraption which arrived today, but which I am much too overladen with food to try....

Later I am going to finish a jigsaw I have been trying to do for weeks and has almost driven me completely insane - what an exciting life I have!!

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 18:55:22

Forgive my ignorance but whats a 'speedshaper'?

MistressMary Fri 21-Jan-05 18:56:53

it's crackerjack!

miam Fri 21-Jan-05 18:57:01

Some stretchy contraption which is meant to make you super-fit within about 3 seconds!! They have also included free of charge a spongy thing which looks like a giant eyeball but which is apparently for toning the neck area!!!

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 19:16:16

Sorry had to take kids pizza out of oven! Anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? I'm hoping for dry weather so we can all get out or else by Sunday its anarchy! ( I have two and he has his two this weekend, three boys one girl!)

Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 19:24:35

Three boys and one girl is standard issue in this household kernowcat. Are you Cornish BTW?

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 19:45:41

Sorry still learning the 'code' whats BTW? think the Gins kicked in!
I have lived in Cornwall since I was ten and holidayed here since parnets honeymoon!
This is my home! I love it!!!!
Where are you? Are you here to?

RTKangaMummy Fri 21-Jan-05 19:47:36

by the way

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 19:48:38

Thanks! Now I feel stupid!

Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 19:50:27

BTW = By the way!

No I live in West Sussex but we go to Cornwall at least once a year, used to holiday there as a child, as did my mother and her father and mother were originally from Cornwall. Therefore I am half Cornish. I envy you living there. I know when we are there it is our holiday and living somewhere isn't the same as holidaying there, but I have done a lot of research into my Cornish roots and I always have a strange sense of belonging when we are there. Dh likes it too so who knows? Maybe we will retire there! Whereabouts in Cornwall are you?

RTKangaMummy Fri 21-Jan-05 19:53:11

dont it takes a while tolearn them all

if there are any more take a look at the acronym list at the top of page

most of them are there

It took me ages to work them all out.

felt so chuffed when worked out how to do a link took me ages though.

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 19:53:48

I used live on North coast but moved to South Coast now live in Porthleven!

Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 20:01:03

Know the north coast better than the south coast but it is all beautiful. Are you getting any good winter storms?

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 20:10:21

Had a great storm last year we even made the national news!
V windy great for cobwebs!
Do you have a place on the north coast or do you rent? my parents look after lots of properties in the Padstow area.
list at the top of page does't like me as it will never open when I need it!

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 20:11:53

Sorry I sound really nosey and desperate!
Four kids that don't normally live together and are all approaching the terrible teenage years is not fun belive me!

Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 20:12:50

My MIL has a holiday home she bought after a few years of holidaying with us in the same part of Cornwall that I have always been to - Polzeath. She is very kind and lets us have it for a week or two in the holidays when she could be making a fortune renting it out. Still, she seems to do alright the rest of the year..

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 20:16:51

Polzeath in the summer when we were younger was fun on a Saturday night and great for goodlooking but basically dumb surfer watching!

Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 20:17:08

Still is!

kernowcat Fri 21-Jan-05 20:19:23

Unfortunatley I'm too far away to go now, although went to brilliant gig on the cliffs there last year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now