Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone's DP/DH got twitchy legs when in bed?

(16 Posts)
biglips Fri 21-Jan-05 14:42:22

mine drives me up the wall as he is a window cleaner and is on his feets all day, then when it comes bedtime, his legs twitched terrible and its keeps me awake - which why im always tired

anyone got any advice?

starlover Fri 21-Jan-05 14:52:45

make him sleep on the sofa??????

mrsflowerpot Fri 21-Jan-05 14:52:48

yes, dh is the same with twitchy legs. But it keeps him awake not me

Massage helps sometimes, just seems to relax the muscles.

nailpolish Fri 21-Jan-05 14:53:27

get him to drink some tonic water - the quinnine can help

WigWamBam Fri 21-Jan-05 14:56:56

If it is uncomfortable for him and keeps him awake as well then it could be restless legs - your GP can treat it.

biglips Fri 21-Jan-05 15:01:03

starlover - when i was pg, coz i was on and off the loo all nite and came back to bed, he was still twitching!.. 9 out of 10 he slept in the spare room and then it got to the point where i was missing him as it went on for months (we didnt sleep in the same bed for 3 months!! coz i was working at the time too) . its not his fault and docs said theres nothing they can do!.

what is annoying that when i first slept with him, it was the first 20 mins he was twitching and then he stop for the rest of the nite but now i go asleep and an hour or 2 later the twitching starts

biglips Fri 21-Jan-05 15:02:08

ive been putting it up for the last 4 yrs and i cant stand it any longer - hhheeeeeelllllllllppppppppppp!!

nailpolish Fri 21-Jan-05 15:04:40

honestly, try the tonic water (make sure it has quinnine)

go back to gp there IS something they can do

Marina Fri 21-Jan-05 15:12:21

Look Here for a bit more info, I know someone who has this and it is not much fun for her or her partner.

ediemay Fri 21-Jan-05 15:36:54

Hi biglips, I used to get this quite badly and it drove my DP and me up the wall too. As WWB says, it's worth seeing the GP about this. In the end I tried acupuncture and it worked for me. I haven't had it for 4 years now and we all sleep much better! Good luck from an ex-twitcher x

biglips Fri 21-Jan-05 19:28:16

ediemay - how much is the acupunture sessions are - £20 each?

happymerryberries Fri 21-Jan-05 19:29:56

It is called 'Restless legs Syndrome' AKA Ekboms syndrome. In some cases it can be caused by a vitamin deficiency, but in the vast majority of cases there is no known cause. Quinine can help some people.....so drink those G & Ts!

biglips Fri 21-Jan-05 19:36:18

well i went out before and bought 2 bottles of tonic water - indian water. is this the only tonic water you can get by schweppes? as im desperate as when i go back to work in apr i dont want to be knackered or otherwise ill be chopping his legs off with a hedgetrimmer !!

biglips Sat 22-Jan-05 15:59:30

bump

ediemay Sat 22-Jan-05 16:04:53

hi biglips, I think the sessions were £25 and I had three. It was worth it! Wish I'd known about quinine, I could happily drink plenty of G&Ts. Schweppes do Indian tonic water and also a sugar-free version which still has quinine.

Hausfrau Sat 22-Jan-05 21:07:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now