Talk

Advanced search

help me fellow fish keepers!!

(10 Posts)
misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 22:14:43

i have an algae problem and cant find the leaflet for the algae treatment i have here. do any of you have eSHA protalon-707 about and can u give me the dosage instructions for a juwel rio 125 tank?

starlover Fri 21-Jan-05 12:19:29

no idea, but BUMP!

misdee Fri 21-Jan-05 18:29:38

please. its a 125litre tank, and i am fed upo with the black slime, and want to get treating it asap.

sparklymieow Fri 21-Jan-05 18:31:16

no idea but we could go to the fish shop and peek a look at the instuctions in the shop

misdee Fri 21-Jan-05 18:35:17

thats the other option. lol.

but when?

Titania Fri 21-Jan-05 18:37:31

this is their website not sure if theres anything on it though....not had time to look properly.

misdee Fri 21-Jan-05 18:39:05

already been there titania and have emailed them. but have been waiting for a while.

Titania Fri 21-Jan-05 18:43:22

ok. sorry. will keep looking. oooh ring a pets at home store....they are open til 8 most nights!!

Rosebudz Sat 22-Jan-05 06:52:15

Is it warm or cold water???
Is the algae in the water or on the glass?
Do you have a filter? and an aerator?

I had a friend who had tropicals, she liked to have the tank well lit and had the tank light on for too long each day which resulted in much algae. She was forever using treatments with very little sucess until she found out she needed less light!

I only have goldfish, approx 250L, if it gets a bit glumpy on the glass I go in with a good clean cloth and simply wipe the glass, then remove some of the water and replace, give the filter a good rinse out etc.

Have you ever seen the magnetic cleaners, saves you getting your hands wet!!

misdee Sat 22-Jan-05 08:08:12

its black algae and it is because i left the light on too long as i lost my timer. i have now found the timer and reset it, so i shouldnt have the algae problem once its been shifted. as its on the rocks/plants as well i really need to get the treatment sorted ASAP as its looks horrible, altho my pleco is having a good old munch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now