Talk

Advanced search

Cardiff nurseries

(7 Posts)
Poo2 Thu 20-Jan-05 19:11:02

Hello all. Am about to start hunting for a nursery place for ds. Just one or two mornings a week. Am trying for baby #2, and thought it would be nice to have some time on my own with the new bub when it arrives. I would appreciate any reccomendations, or tips on what to look for / ask etc. We are not swimming in cash, would like to be able to walk there (I live in Cathays), and would like them to use my washable nappies. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Poo2 Thu 20-Jan-05 19:11:26

Forgot to say ds is 9 months.

Poo2 Thu 20-Jan-05 19:19:54

bump

poppy101 Thu 20-Jan-05 19:20:47

I recommend Heathlands Day Nursery near the hospital in Cardiff. They are the only nursery that I know of that use washable nappies. Small nursery the children tend to always have the same staff. Nice place.

Hausfrau Thu 20-Jan-05 19:24:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Poo2 Thu 20-Jan-05 21:30:44

Thanks guys - any questions I should be asking? Do they have OFSTED type inspection reports I could look at. Or is this all a bit much when all they do is finger-painting and ring-a-ring of roses?!

milge Thu 20-Jan-05 21:43:40

They are regulated by the Care Standards Inspectorate for Wales - google CSIW, and you should be able to find online recent inspections. Sorry, haven't got time to work out how to do links.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now