Talk

Advanced search

After school routines

(5 Posts)
Blossomhill Thu 20-Jan-05 09:14:38

Thanks to all of you lovely mumsnetters I have sorted out my morning routine with my 2 aged 7 and 5. I now need to sort out my after school routines which are equally as disorganised. Any help/tips to avoid the chaos after school and last minute homework/baths would be gratefully received

Carla Thu 20-Jan-05 09:19:31

What needs sorting out Blossom? What are the probs at the mo?

Blossomhill Thu 20-Jan-05 09:20:34

It's just so chaotic!!!! We used to have a routine but what with after school clubs, extra homework etc I just find it hard to get it together. As you all know I am extremely scatty.
I need structure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berries Thu 20-Jan-05 11:51:13

I Know what you mean about evening chaos - esp if your kids have lots of after-school activities. I find that we have diff routines dep. on the night now.
eg Mon/Wed - after-school 'til 5:30, then home & tea straight away - do let them watch tv while they eat (bad mother alert) - then homework for 1/2 hr. Then play then bed - 8:00
Tues/Thurs - snack when they get in, then either play with friends (if its playdate) & food at 5:30. Friends go home at 6-6:30 and then homework OR do 1/2 homework about 4:00 and then play, and all eat together at 6:30 - preferred option.
Note that I haven't included any bath times here. I have found that my kids don't actually get too smelly if they're not bathed every day so dd2 (7) has one about twice a week (obv more if she's dirty), dd1 (9) likes a shower every morning now, and washed hair on Thurs & Sat (after swimming). It's a lot easier now as they do things like baths all by themselves - giving me plenty of time to spend on mn

Blossomhill Thu 20-Jan-05 20:58:55

Thanks Berries. Sounds very organised to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now