Talk

Advanced search

Cost of advertising - how do I find this out?

(5 Posts)
Hulababy Wed 19-Jan-05 13:08:07

I am doing some prep work for my prison Business Studies classes. Becuase they are prisoners they have no access to the Internet, so I have do provide much of the research.

I am doing the unit about advertising media.

One task set is to compare the cost of advertising in different media, including (regional and national):

TV
radio
Press
Bill boards
Leaflet drops
Cineam
Direct Mail
etc.

Has anyone any idea of where I can get some examples of current costs for this type of advertising. I am struggling!

TIA

jampots Wed 19-Jan-05 13:21:32

Calling your local tv station/radio station and speaking to their Marketing dept is usually pretty good. Likewise calling your local paper and speaking to their marketing is pretty good too. Leaflet drops depending on area can be done via Royal Mail (quite expensive) or a company called Trinity Marketing (they circulate a lot of the regional papers), they should also be able to help with Direct mail, Cinema: you would probably have to approach your local one to find out who deals with the advertising there, and bill boards seem to be More O'Ferrall round by us but the name of the "owner" should be on the bottom of hte billboards. HTH

Caligula Wed 19-Jan-05 13:22:41

MMS Nielsen are the company which monitor ad spend in the UK. They calculate all revenue spent and they also apply discounts (because rate card prices are not what big advertisers actually pay).

How about phoning Media Week? They usually do a quarterly round up of ad spend in the UK and should be able to give you the info. Their number is:020 8565 4326. Just ask to speak to one of their editorial staff.

morningpaper Wed 19-Jan-05 13:25:52

Try the IPA .

The IPA is the trade body and professional institute for leading agencies in the UK's advertising, media and marketing communications industry, covering the Creative, Direct Marketing, Healthcare, Media, New Media, Outdoor, Sales Promotion and Sponsorship sectors.

Hulababy Wed 19-Jan-05 13:26:03

Cheers. Looks like it isn't going to be just a quick web search then and find it all in the same place! May have to leave it till Friday or weekend, when have more time and head hurts less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now