Talk

Advanced search

Help with Outlook please anyone?!

(8 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 17-Jan-05 21:04:51

We've just moved house and there seems to be a problem with my Outlook now.

We are back on line with BT broadband - the internet is working fine (obviously!) and in Outlook I can receive messages but for some reason it won't send - all my messages are just in the outbox.

Anyone got any ideas or have a dp that might know. I'm getting desperate as I work from home and need to be sending messages every day.

BubblesDeVere Mon 17-Jan-05 21:06:26

Sorry I can't help you, but is there no way you can set up a temporary hotmail account with MSN until you get OE up and running?

KatieMac Mon 17-Jan-05 21:11:48

Can you 'send/recieve'all messages?

charlie01 Mon 17-Jan-05 21:26:20

Who is your email provider and do they have webmail? Have you changed your outgoing mail server settings at all?

purpleturtle Mon 17-Jan-05 21:29:21

Outgoing mail server settings has to be the first place to try, but I wonder if that applies to Broadband? Mine uses LAN settings, and when you look at them they're on automatic configuration, not proxy server. Is that any good?

Gobbledigook Mon 17-Jan-05 22:06:41

Thanks everyone.

Yes I can use the webmail but Outlook is so much easier and better so I really want it up and running properly.

When I hit 'send and receive' it receives but won't send.

I'll go and look at outgoing mail server settings though I've no idea where to start!!

Kaz33 Mon 17-Jan-05 22:58:58

DP of KAZ 33 says:
1) The version of Outlook you use is?
2) Your O/S is?
3) The account you are using, is it exchange or a POP3 account?

I had a similar issue with BT broadband when we set up our system here at home, except that I could send and NOT receive! Anyhow, I have it working now so I may be able to help you further. I'll ask Kaz to keep me informed of your posts. I may be able to just walk you through your account setup. Ususally it's something to do with the SMTP account name or similar. Let me know your software versions and we can go from there.

sparklymieow Mon 17-Jan-05 23:11:25

is your outcoming message setting correct? I had to set mine up recently and I can talk you through it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now