Talk

Advanced search

thank you lonelymum for best tip ever!

(17 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Mon 17-Jan-05 11:35:05

vinegar in water in a room really really gets rid of the smell of sick...we've done it in the car as well and it's worked..

best tip ever, thank you so much

Davros Mon 17-Jan-05 13:12:28

Off to do the same in DD's room then!

Twiglett Mon 17-Jan-05 13:15:26

? .. what do you do ..just leave it there?

hot water / cold water

spill the beans ... DS puked in car on friday

Caribbeanqueen Mon 17-Jan-05 13:24:20

Vinegar and water are also good for cleaning windows.

Heathcliffscathy Mon 17-Jan-05 13:28:30

just good few glugs of vinegar and ordinary tap water in a container (bowl, plastic thingy etc) and leave over night in the room/car...really really works...the car isn't 100% smell free (but he did puke all over the seat and straps ) so i'll do it again tonight...but his room doesn't smell of puke at all...top tip.

horseshoe Mon 17-Jan-05 14:56:44

I use vinegar for everything.....Cleaning is great, also as a carpet cleaner and window cleaner. I normally soak cotton balls in vinegar and leave them in a room which has the same effect as water for removing smells of sick.

The other good thing is if you have a chrome kitchen use cola to polish it...Also great for a car bumper.

Bunglie Mon 17-Jan-05 14:58:39

I know that Vinegar cleans copper/brass really well. And with my cooking often boil things in water with Vinegar to get rid of 'burnt-on' marks!

NameChangingMancMidlander Mon 17-Jan-05 14:59:31

Also good for cleaning taps too. Removes any hard water / limescale deposits

Catbert Mon 17-Jan-05 14:59:34

You should change your nicknames to kim&aggie!

Hausfrau Mon 17-Jan-05 15:04:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fostermum Mon 17-Jan-05 18:58:39

and wonderfull for giving you shiny hair,as a final rinse

Heathcliffscathy Mon 17-Jan-05 21:30:09

actually another fab tip is coke down the toilet instead of loo cleaner. i poured a bottle down (it had gone flat, and we don't drink coke anyway) left overnight, i swear loo was more sparkly white and free of limescale and other shenanigins then ever before...and much better for dolphins etc

Blossomhill Mon 17-Jan-05 21:31:59

Oh we should start up a tips thread!!!

pinkdiamond Mon 17-Jan-05 21:36:48

Message withdrawn

jennifersofia Mon 17-Jan-05 22:34:02

So does vinegar work to descale the kettle? Mine is completely blocked up. Or does that mean that your tea then tastes of fish and chips for ever after? Any suggestions for kettle descaling?

SPARKLER1 Mon 17-Jan-05 22:37:20

Coke is fantastic for cleaning jewellery. You won't believe the difference. Quite scary really when you think of what it does to your insides!!!

addle Tue 18-Jan-05 09:35:00

But I wouldn't use vinegar or coke on pearls as it could dissolve them...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: