Talk

Advanced search

calling guardianistas!

(13 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Sun 16-Jan-05 17:35:36

do any of you keep the notes and queries section?

If so do you have the one from dec 15 or earlier?

I ask because db sent in a question, and we want to know the date that his question (and name) appeared. They've edited it so it could be that 2 people sent in the same q, but I'd like to know! the website only goes back to the 29th Dec - the question appears in that but someone makes reference to an answer on the 22nd. hence it would have been the 15th or earlier.

Alternatively, how can I find out what date it appeared? Do libraries keep papers that far back?

edam Sun 16-Jan-05 17:36:58

Phone the Guardian?

SenoraPostrophe Sun 16-Jan-05 17:40:05

that would just be too easy, edam!

maybe I should try that.

JanH Sun 16-Jan-05 17:40:16

N & Q page, SP - think this goes back further? Q's keep popping up. Or does it have its own search?

tech (MNHQ) Sun 16-Jan-05 17:42:43

If you know some of the words that were in it (like his name I guess), you could try their archive search here

SenoraPostrophe Sun 16-Jan-05 17:43:32

the online ones are different to the ones that appear in the paper, Jan. It's not there.

If you're interested it's the rocket science question on this page

JanH Sun 16-Jan-05 17:49:20

Good question!

Can't help though, sorry, we only buy it on a Sat.

SenoraPostrophe Sun 16-Jan-05 17:49:37

excellent link, tech.

for some reason they seem to have deleted most n&q from Dec though - a search on "Notes and Queries" on "any" day in dec only brings up 2. Odd that.

tigermoth Sun 16-Jan-05 18:07:07

sp, sorry to hijack, but wanted to check you got the email I sent you last week.

Posey Mon 17-Jan-05 21:02:33

SenoraP - can you give me a few more details? I can probably find what you're looking for but need to know what exactly it is I'm seeking

SenoraPostrophe Mon 17-Jan-05 21:07:32

posey - I'm almost sure that the issue I'm looking for is the one from the 15th Dec. It should have a question about what rocket scientists say instead of "it's not rocket science" (we want the issue the question first appeared in which should have my brother's name in it).

I think he's on the verge of just ordering a copy of the dec 15th edition anyway, just in case.

Posey Tue 18-Jan-05 20:28:34

Dh isn't back at work til Thursday, but will certainly see what he can do.
BTW I remember that N&Q, thought it was funny

SenoraPostrophe Tue 18-Jan-05 20:29:33

Thanks posey - just need confirmation that the question originally appeared on the 15th (in case that wasn't clear!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now