Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Lost cuddly dog in Earlsfield...

(18 Posts)
RudyDudy Sat 15-Jan-05 13:48:23

I know this is a very random long shot but yesterday when he was out with my his minder my DS lost his cuddly dog. It's one of his favourite sleep companions so we would all welcome its return.

It's small and brown and white with a very manky chewed nose!! It's embarassingly scruffy but he really loves it. It was lost somewhere on Garratt Lane near Earlsfield Station.

If anyone happened to see it or pick it up I would love to hear from you!

lockets Sat 15-Jan-05 15:14:11

Message withdrawn

redsky Sat 15-Jan-05 15:29:15

So sad for ds. Good luck!!!!

Lonelymum Sat 15-Jan-05 15:41:50

Oh how sad. My ds3 had a cuddly dog with a chewed nose that he always took to bed with him but suddenly before Christmas, he latched onto a red hippo belonging to ds2 (but never played with by him) and that is now his must have cuddle. Any chance your ds could latch on to something else?

RudyDudy Sat 15-Jan-05 16:56:06

thanks guys - especially lockets' DH! (Please warn him that it is REALLY manky and quite smelly!)

Fortunately DS has 2 sleep buddies he is attached to and as he still has 'bunny' he doesn't seem to have noticed yet that we have substituted the dog for a similarly sized reindeer! If we have no joy after another search tomorrow I think we will try to shop for a similar dog, buy at least 2 and try and get him as fond of that.

Of all the things to have to worry about!! (Though just to add a little more sadness to the sorry tale said dog was mine when I was little )

RudyDudy Sun 16-Jan-05 13:34:56

just bumping this in case there's anyone around who can help who didn't see it yesterday.

DS is looking forlornly around his cot each time he goes for a nap . At least he's learning a valuable lesson about disappointment if nothing else!

lockets Sun 16-Jan-05 13:49:29

Message withdrawn

lockets Sun 16-Jan-05 13:58:53

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Sun 16-Jan-05 14:28:16

Hi Lockets

I'm in Earlsfield, quite close to the station. Planning to pop in there and ask all the shopkeepers too - no doubt just the start of embarassing things I will do in the duty of motherhood

We're ttc no 2 but not sure I envy you that age gap! How's the pg going? (hijacking her own thread!)

essbee Sun 16-Jan-05 14:29:03

Message withdrawn

lockets Sun 16-Jan-05 14:38:43

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Sun 16-Jan-05 18:59:16

Essbee - a good idea but sadly no. Also I think it is pretty unlikely as the dog is about 25 years old!! Have tried to find another but they don't make them anymore.

Hi Lockets - obviously also meant to say congratulations on the pg earlier (have been worrying all afternoon that I didn't and may have sounded negative ).

Would love to meet up sometime (haven't met any MNers in RL yet!) though am about to do some exams so the next week or so are not great for me. But after that would be good - and I will also be a more relaxed person! Good luck with the house stuff (why does everything always happen at once?). Where are you hoping to move to? We don't have any real plans to move but somehow are still going to look at a house tomorrow - still in Earlsfield though, we really like it around here.

lockets Sun 16-Jan-05 19:06:30

Message withdrawn

essbee Sun 16-Jan-05 19:14:34

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Sun 16-Jan-05 22:47:55

Oh Essbee - you are sweet Any small, brown and white dogs in your collection?

Funny that Lockets, the house we are viewing tomorrow is near St Ann's Hill on Earlsfield Rd! I'm studying to be a dietitian and these are part of my 2nd year exams. Do you tend to meet on a particular day or does it vary? Would definitely like to join in!

Good luck with the house. When do you hear?

RudyDudy Mon 17-Jan-05 10:45:47

just bumping again in case any weekday MNers happened upon a small brown and white dog in Earlsfield on Friday...

lockets Mon 17-Jan-05 10:48:29

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Mon 17-Jan-05 11:02:48

It's tonight at 7pm so DH can come too. TBH we're not that optimistic about it as we think it's been on the market a while but will be interesting to see. We've been in the centre of Earlsfield for 6 years and are really unsure about moving even 0.5mile out!!! Good luck with your hunting today - always good not to get too attached until the paperwork is done ime. I have a day in the library planned doing more lovely revison

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now