Talk

Advanced search

Cream wool carpet, Early Learning Centre water-based tomato-red paint - any ideas?!?

(4 Posts)
Moomina Wed 12-Jan-05 21:56:03

How I love my ds.

Today he upturned an entire pot of red paint over the cream carpet in the dining room. And then stomped happily through the puddle.

I've tried Vanish stick, Vanish carpet shampoo and 1001 troubleshooter stain remover (whatever that is!) The cream carpet is still very, very pink indeed. HELP!!!!

Carla Wed 12-Jan-05 21:58:30

Fizzy water and LOADS of paper towels? Then more fizzy water and more paper towels till it was diluted enough to disapper? Poor you!

Moomina Wed 12-Jan-05 22:06:31

Oh, didn't know about fizzy water! I haven't got any in the house though so will have to buy some tomorrow - probably be too late then? (This is without doubt the dullest thread on here tonight, but thanks Carla!)

pabla Wed 12-Jan-05 22:09:46

Lakeland do something called White Wizard (I think). My DS smeared the blackening you use on cast iron fireplaces all over the carpet in my bedroom when he was 2 and this stuff got the stain out. It also worked on removing a Guinness stain from a silk dress which dry cleaning had failed to shift!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now