Talk

Advanced search

Can you comment on this questionnaire?

(17 Posts)
questingforanswers Wed 12-Jan-05 14:50:45

Our local NCT branch is going to run a campaign where our members rate local cafes etc for family friendliness. We will be including a questionnaire in our newsletter.

I've changed my name for this as I prefer RL people not to know who I am, so don't want other branch members to work out who I am from my chat nickname.

Would be very grateful if you would review the questions and let me know if you think they are comprehensive.

I can't do whizzy things like save the document on a web page and give you a link, so I've simply pasted it below.

Because I have simply pasted this,please bear in mind that the formatting is all over the place, and the layout looks much better in the actual document.

Ta very muchly
--------------------------------------------------
‘FEEDING FRENZY’ Evaluation / Nomination Form

(Newsletter name) has begun a campaign to find (X town’s) most child friendly cafés and restaurants. We need readers to act as ‘mystery shoppers’ and complete the attached personal evaluation form rating how you found the service as a parent / carer of a baby(ies) / small child(ren). Results will be published in future issues of (Newsletter name), and will help inform other readers

Please return your completed form to: My Name, My Address blah, blah…………by 31st March 2005

PLEASE COMPLETE FORM IN BLOCK CAPITALS. Answer all questions. Additional free text comments would be very useful.

Name of Parent / Carer :...…………………………Telephone:…………… Email:…………………........

Venue (name and address)………………………………………………….. Date,time visited:…….........

No. & ages of children in ‘party’ (please indicate numbers in the boxes):
0-12 mths [ ], 1-2 yrs [ ], 3 - 5yrs [ ], >6 yrs [ ]

Purpose of visit (tick one box): Meal [ ] Snack break / drink [ ] Breast / Bottle feed [ ]

1. How would you rate friendliness and general courtesy of staff?

Very helpful / friendly 1 2 3 4 5 surly / unhelpful

Comments:………………………………………………………………………………

2. Availability of highchairs

Freely available 1 2 3 4 5 in very limited supply

Comments:…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

3. Suitability of highchairs (i.e. cleanliness, ease of use, in good state of repair)

Clean, user friendly 1 2 3 4 5 grubby / broken/ cumbersome!

4. If breastfeeding, how comfortable and at ease did you feel

Relaxed, at ease 1 2 3 4 5 tense and conspicuous

5. For bottle feeding / babies meals, was the establishment prepared to heat bottles / jars?

Yes [ ] No [ ] Comments:…………………………………………………………………

6. For older babies and small children, was there a children’s menu / suitable appealing food for children?

Yes [ ] No [ ] Comments:…………………………………………………………………..

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

7. Does the venue provide any toys / distractions / entertainment for children (e.g. free crayons and paper, play area etc)

Yes [ ] No [ ] If ‘yes’ please specify:………………………………………………………

8. Was there a baby changing facility

Yes [ ] No [ ] Comments:………………………………………………………………….

9. Please rate the toilet facilities for young children (e.g. appropriate height sinks, warm air hand dryers at appropriate heights, ‘mini’ toilets, provision of step stools etc)

Good provision for toddlers 1 2 3 4 5 Adult facilities only

Comments:………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

10. And finally, please use this section for any additional comments or observations:

……………………………………………………………………

questingforanswers Wed 12-Jan-05 14:52:29

Go on, have a guess who I am those of you who can be arsed.....

moondog Wed 12-Jan-05 14:53:14

Sounds good to me !

mrsflowerpot Wed 12-Jan-05 14:53:29

What about how easy it is to negotiate with pushchair etc? (we have a lovely cafe locally that you can't take pushchairs into because you literally can't make one of the corners due to table positions.)

moondog Wed 12-Jan-05 14:54:45

Hunkermunker?
Ooh yes, accessibility vvv important!
Ask about lifs/stairs too.

serenity Wed 12-Jan-05 14:54:54

Looks good, the only thing I would suggest is that in question 2 you have 5 as 'none' rather than 'in limited supply', or have a yes/no question first, ie were there any highchairs.

Hausfrau Wed 12-Jan-05 14:55:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

questingforanswers Wed 12-Jan-05 19:00:11

thanks for these suggestions - how could i have forgotten about access issues!

nope - not hunkermunker.....

anyone else got any further suggestions for the questionnaire?

SueW Wed 12-Jan-05 19:10:26

hausfrau it may have been me you tried to talk to? I don't do name changes or anonymity tbh.

Tinker Wed 12-Jan-05 19:17:39

Twiglett?

batters Wed 12-Jan-05 20:19:01

Smoking / non smoking?

fisil Wed 12-Jan-05 20:40:59

Looks good and clearly laid out. One is usually the worst option and five the best, but you have clearly spelt out which way round it goes. Maybe swap the numbers round for complete unambiguity.

Also, on the questions where you don't have a 1-5 rating, there is no reason why not. A children's menu could be rated from 1 - 5, for example.

SoupDragon Wed 12-Jan-05 20:42:23

Any safety issues? eg things put within child's reach, can a child escape easily, hinge protectors on doors.
Inappropriately placed items near the counter (eg biscuits within toddler reach)
"any other special touches" like bibs, child cutlery etc.

As for who you are, you're not me

Hausfrau Thu 13-Jan-05 08:51:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Twiglett Thu 13-Jan-05 10:12:58

Tinker .. not me .. I NEVER say Ta

Bozza Thu 13-Jan-05 10:28:32

Just a quick q, a bit picky I know, on the purpose for visit - would you really go in a cafe and just breast/bottle feed? I would feel obliged to(and probably want to)buy a drink. Although I suppose my primary motive could well be to feed baby, with my drink being secondary.

questingforanswers Thu 13-Jan-05 22:07:55

Thanks for these further comments - safety considerations and smoking / non smoking are other useful additions.

And for Twiglett....TA very much all for your input

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now