Talk

Advanced search

anybodies dh/dp a hgv driver?

(5 Posts)
duckegg Tue 11-Jan-05 15:23:26

I am feeling low and anxious at the moment anyway but have you see the weather? and dh has to drive from manchester to scotland tomorrow. I am already worried that he might get blown away or something. I am probably irrational and i also don't want to be left to deal with my boys alone either as i don't feel i am coping brilliantly.
anyone else?
sorry for rambling

starlover Tue 11-Jan-05 15:58:31

My dad is! But the not really long-distance.
I am SURE that your dh will be fine, but I do know how you feel.
I can't say anything that will stop you worrying I don't think... does he have a mobile? Get him to call you a few times when he has his breaks, that might ease the nerves a bit

Demented Tue 11-Jan-05 16:25:50

My Dad is too (although not long-distance anymore as he will soon be 69). I can remember evenings spent worrying about him because he wasn't back when he was supposed to be (days before mobiles). I can understand you're worried. Starlover's suggestion of getting him to call you when he is on a break sounds like a good one.

Surfermum Tue 11-Jan-05 23:21:41

DH delivers vehicles on trade plates (the men with red number plates at the side of the road). I hate this time of year and worry on days when the weather's bad, and I always ring if I hear of an accident anywhere near where he's going. Try and keep busy so you aren't thinking about it all the time.

Frizbe Tue 11-Jan-05 23:26:59

I know what you mean ladies I used to work with a lot of HGV drivers and its not good weather for it....its technically a catagory 2 hurricane in scotland 95 mph upto 130mph winds.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now