Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Electronic Voice Phenomena - anyone know more about it?

(6 Posts)
Tinker Sat 08-Jan-05 23:34:03

Now, I don't believe in ghosts at all (if I "saw" one I could rationalise it away) and I don't believe in an after life but...

...there was a feature about this on Richard & Judy which was rather spooky in that quite exciting to feel spooked kind of way. But teh recordings were very unconvincing nonetheless. I know there's an, allegedly, crappy film out about it - White Noise - but does anyone know more? There are lots of links on internet for it - some with recordings . Far too creeped out to listen. But still...interesting.

tillykins Sat 08-Jan-05 23:43:41

nah, load of rubbish!

Tinker Sat 08-Jan-05 23:54:40

I know but...want someone to tell me something challenging. Just like being spooked. Did you see the R&J programme? Couldn't make out a bloody word.

WestCountryLass Sun 09-Jan-05 00:06:52

I saw it on R & J and I was unconvinced too. Sorry, no info from me!

pinkroses Sun 09-Jan-05 00:54:35

Not sure if I believe in ghosts, but did see white niose and thought it was absolute rubbish!! What a waste of money!!

Did see the E.V.P on This morning with Philip schofield and he was taking the mick out of woman trying to prove it......he made a valid point though, about if ghosts wanted to contact us....why make it so hard for us to understand them!!!!!

My mum believes she has seen a ghost, but I don't know what I should believe. My mum believes all things like this.

Snugs Sun 09-Jan-05 01:05:37

I believe in spirits - but personally think EVP is a load of rubbish. Hearing voices in white noise is like hearing words when you play a record backwards - do it enough times and you can convince yourself there is something there - if you want to hear it.

Spirits can and do communicate by much easier means - why would they bother with this twaddle. Having said that, the Vatican put a lot of money into researching this many years ago and apparently had amazing results (but that might be an urban myth)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now