Talk

Advanced search

Lost 3 tiles off my roof overnight!

(11 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sat 08-Jan-05 10:49:07

Message withdrawn

Whizzz Sat 08-Jan-05 10:52:38

It was very bad near us & very scary (made me think more of how really terrified the Tsumani people must have been). Some tiles off around us & a few small conifers blown over. Its still bad though so haven't ventured out far!
Be careful all & don't let any DHs/DPs go climbing up ladders !

doggiewalker Sat 08-Jan-05 12:16:22

We've got a couple of fence panels down and garden furniture flying all over the garden.

spook Sat 08-Jan-05 13:41:11

I'm in Newcastle and one of our trees blew over-a big one-and totally blocked the drive.Trapped!!! A tree surgeon has just taken it and charged me 99 quid for the pleasure!!

Frizbe Sat 08-Jan-05 13:43:45

Was very breezy overnight in derbyshire, but I've not had to retrieve the BBQ from anywhere unusual yet?! Ouch re the tiles, I saw floods in the Lakes earlier on the TV....

BubblesDeVere Sat 08-Jan-05 13:45:47

Nothing too bad here at present, though it is wild and scared dd2 during the night. Up the road a tree fell over and missed landing on a passing cars roof by an inch, dh saw this happen.

Whizzz Sat 08-Jan-05 13:45:54

Spook - £99 isn't bad so my DH tells me !

Clayhead Sat 08-Jan-05 13:51:05

A tree came down on the next door neighbours' drive and damaged their car.

geekgrrl Sat 08-Jan-05 13:58:55

our 12 x 5 ft greenhouse has disappeared without a trace all that's left is the shelving and the foundation, and a dented fence. We live next to a river, looks like it's been swept away.

mishmash Sat 08-Jan-05 14:18:28

Yikes and I thought I was bad - our recycling bin blew over and left rubbish all over the street and in the neighbours gardens - had to go out and retrieve as much as I could.

Whizzz Sat 08-Jan-05 14:22:26

Reminds me, just before Xmas we put out our bin & in the top bin bag (which was tied, but obviously not very well) was some polystene chips (packaging stuff). The bag blew out over night & the white polystyrene blew all over the garden - looked like it had been snowing ! And what a job to pick it all up ! We are still finding bits now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now