Talk

Advanced search

What do I do for ds's 1st birthday?

(2 Posts)
JulieF Fri 07-Jan-05 12:44:00

I had decided I didn't want a huge birthday party for ds like I did for dd so have arranged to have NCT open house the week before for all my baby friends.

We were then going to invite family and close friends (along with their children)around for a bit of a party the Sunday closest to his birthday.

However my neice is now going to be christened on that same day so I can't hold his party then. Changing it to the Saturday isn't an option as dh and I are both working. I could just stick withthe Open House thing, but then dd would be excluded (at nursery) along with grandparents (working)

My parents think I should have a party on the Friday evening but I know people won't be able to come until after 5.30pm and to be honest I think an evening party for little ones is too much.

I feel a bit bad if I don't do anything for his first birthday. I know he won't know anything about it but it is an important milestone.

WestCountryLass Sat 08-Jan-05 23:29:54

What about the previous or following Sunday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now