Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Thank You letters - what do yours say/look like?

(9 Posts)
Hulababy Fri 07-Jan-05 10:15:36

I have to do all of DD's today with her - this morning in fact. Running late with them as we were away over the New Year and then I had to do all my reports for school.

So, what to write. DD 's only 2y 9m BTW so it'll be me doing the writing.

So far I have some A5 card in black and white. On one side I am going to get DD to draw/colour a picture, or maybe some sticking and gluing. Or even pastels or chalk on the black paper.

Then the reverse is for the message.

I will get DD to add her own name at the bottom, by dotting out her name first, and getting her to draw over the top - a bit like nursery do with her.

But what can the message be? In the past I have doe=ne quite detailed letters about Christmas in general, thanking for present and ho she has used it/enjoyed it, etc. But this time I am thinking of keeping it much briefer:

Maybe:

Thank you - nice and big outlines; DD can colour in if she likes

Then just: Thank you for helping Father Christmas to buy me ...... It is lovely (or similar)

Love from

DD's name (dotted out adnd drawn over)

Reckon that's enough?

mrsflowerpot Fri 07-Jan-05 10:17:13

sounds fine to me, particularly if you get her to do some artwork on the front!

and thank you for reminding me I have to do ours with ds!

Hulababy Fri 07-Jan-05 10:17:43

LOL! Seems I am not the only one to have forgot!

Marina Fri 07-Jan-05 10:21:58

Yes, I think that sounds fine. People will be pleased to get a "signed" note, I think.
Wait til she's older! Ds, 5.5, has sent my ancient aunt and uncle a heartfelt thanks for the megazords and Tomy Zoid he chose with their money, and adorned it with a picture of a "cat-faced alien blasting a transformer". They will be puzzled to say the least, but hopefully appreciative of the gesture.

Carla Fri 07-Jan-05 10:23:45

Crikey. Ours don't look like or say anything

Hulababy Fri 07-Jan-05 10:28:33

LOL Marina! Mnd, I doubt DD's artwork will be anything more than squiggles.

ellimum Fri 07-Jan-05 10:28:48

you could do the message in pictograms

smiley face , love heart , present , kiss

they should get the message.

marialuisa Fri 07-Jan-05 11:34:07

i just got DD to draw a picture on a piece of A4 and write "Thank you for my present, Love from.." on the back. I think the genuine artwork is appreciated more when they're small than the thank-yous written by mum.

marialuisa Fri 07-Jan-05 11:34:53

if her artwork's squiggles what about a coloured in picture?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now