Talk

Advanced search

Where does your DH/DP buy his clothes for work? New wardrobe needed

(9 Posts)
sashaboo Fri 07-Jan-05 09:45:13

DH is meant to wear 'smart casual' to work (IT) but doesn't like the chino/polo shirt look and doesn't want to resort to suit wearing.

He's not really a Boden man (tall and slim as opposed to public school rugger man) and the High Street clothes (M and S, Next) don't look great on him either.

He's pretty senior in his job but young looking (mid 20s as opposed to his 39) so he needs to dress 'older'.

So... any suggestions?

TIA

helsy Fri 07-Jan-05 09:49:25

Depends where you live, but Monsoon for men looks lovely. My 39yo dh (public sector, also smart but casual)wears a lot of Gap.

lunavix Fri 07-Jan-05 10:03:42

This might seem a bit odd but I'd suggest TK Maxx. They do a wide range of different designer/high street so he can pick from very different styles. And it's all a pretty good price too.

littlemissbossy Fri 07-Jan-05 10:06:51

DH has his suits made or buys from somewhere like Jaegar, expensive but they wear well and likes to buy his shirts from Thomas Pink - which I would point out are effing awful to iron!

sashaboo Fri 07-Jan-05 10:08:44

Thanks for the reminder about ironing. Can I add 'easy care' to my original post?!

marialuisa Fri 07-Jan-05 10:18:40

DH is similar, he tends to wear smart jeans with a shirt tucked in and a leather belt and shoes. Sometimes wears chinos or cords and a good jumper. He seems to buy a lot of stuff from Linea (House of Fraser own brand). He is defo not boden man either (was horrified by the catalogue) and a bit of a snob about Next and M&S type clothes (although he thinks their suits are good enough for me to wear to work!)as apparently they are for middle-aged people.

ellimum Fri 07-Jan-05 10:25:56

my dh likes that country living look (he has a flat cap that he inherited from his father ) he wears nicely tailored cords and plaid shirts. He is 6'6" and has no problem finding this sort of thing to fit him in fishing/shooting shops.

I have told him if he ever wears a blazer I am leaving him.

sashaboo Fri 07-Jan-05 19:15:25

Thanks for the suggestions - I shall pass them on.

meysey Fri 07-Jan-05 20:57:47

Paul Smith
cool, well-cut clothes with personality
cheap in the sales

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now