Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where would you love to live and why?

(15 Posts)
anteater Thu 06-Jan-05 16:31:21

I often dream of a small holding somewhere along the coast between LA and San Fransisco, just a few hundred acres or so. Great light, culture, space, skiing within driving distance, a few nags, dryer climate..

Second choice would be New Zealand, never been but looks perfect for family life.

...with todays weather, anywhere would do..!

AEROBICS Thu 03-Feb-05 14:23:18

would like to live in greece for a year, but with two teenagers and four year old its only a dream!have been to france twice in last year, skiing and hot hol. going skiing again there this month. like the french way of life, and the ski instructors are all gorgeous !woulnt mind living in france, they get fantastic snow and very hot summers too.

expatinscotland Thu 03-Feb-05 14:24:01

I'm living exactly where I want to live the rest of my life: Edinburgh.

Fimbo Thu 03-Feb-05 14:24:44

This was asked a few weeks ago....my favourite place is Glasgow and I would readily upsticks and move there if dh could find a job.......

pinkmama Thu 03-Feb-05 14:44:39

Australia, went there for 6 weeks when dd was nearly 3 and fell in love with it. We were in melbourne and just found it so relaxed and laid back, and brilliant attitude to kids.

However don't think I could realistically say goodbye to all the people i love and move that far away.

RTKangaMummy Thu 03-Feb-05 14:53:47

south island, New Zealand

loved it there

space, lovely people,

nailpolish Thu 03-Feb-05 14:54:17

perth australia

jenkel Thu 03-Feb-05 15:36:56

Sydney, Australia.

Been 3 times, the longest for 3 months. Just love the space, beaches, weather and the more relaxed way of life. Australians seem a lot more geared up to leisure than us.

Gwenick Thu 03-Feb-05 15:44:12

Like to go back and live in zimbabwe - but can't see that happening any time in the future - hopefully one day it will go back to pre-1999 standards and then we'll be back there before you can blink. Friendly people, laid back way of life, cheap standard of living, warm sun, stunning sun sets - just that 'african' buzz which once you've experienced it can never get rid of.

munnzieb Thu 03-Feb-05 21:13:23

hawii/barbados, cos it's hot and seems carefree.

KBear Fri 04-Feb-05 14:25:30

On a tiny Scottish island with very few neighbours - me, my family, a horse and a huge supply of Orkney Fudge.

And a huge supply of wine too, naturally.

kama Fri 04-Feb-05 20:27:37

Message withdrawn

Roobie Fri 04-Feb-05 20:33:26

In UK - Bristol, Bath or Glasgow
Overseas - Sydney

Eva3 Fri 04-Feb-05 20:41:16

Brasil ! What could be better ...

gingerbear Fri 04-Feb-05 20:46:52

Thailand
Vietnam
Perth, Australia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now