Talk

Advanced search

Bit worried I might be pregnant

(17 Posts)
PicadillyCircus Wed 05-Jan-05 10:39:29

DS is 13 months. I was on the mini pill but its main effect seemed to be to make me not feel like sex so on the rare occasions of sex DH and I have been using condoms.

My last period started 16th December and my cycles have been between 25 and 28 days (periods restarted at end of September). On 23rd December we got a bit carried away and didn't use a condom (we both discussed it and felt like throwing caution to the winds).

Was just looking at the babycentre ovulation calender and if this month's cycle is 25 days then I could well have been fertile around the critical date. And the fact I was "in the mood" for it might suggest that as well.

I wouldn't mind having another baby; it's just that DS is becoming so much more his own person and I'd like to keep that for a while, without having someone else to share it.

Oh well, maybe period will start in the next week or so. If not then I suppose I'll test some time. Feel bad that there are people desparate to have a baby and DH and I may have created one accidentally.

woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 10:45:09

But it's also lovely having them so close together. There's only 16 months between ds and dd and yes they do fight like cat and dog at times but they also play really nicly together. It's lovely to see them chasing each other or sitting on the floor playing and giggling together. You'll be fine and so will you ds. Plus you'd miss out on ds being jelous of a new baby as jelousy kicks in when they're around 3.

suzywong Wed 05-Jan-05 10:57:01

wise words from woodpops plus

: it's just that DS is becoming so much more his own person and I'd like to keep that for a while, without having someone else to share it"

you feel like that anyway when you know number two is coming along regardless of the gap.

PicadillyCircus Wed 05-Jan-05 10:57:27

Thanks woodpops - and of course it is also quite possible I'm not pregnant anyway .

But that vision of another DS, or a DD is quite a nice one

PicadillyCircus Wed 05-Jan-05 10:58:29

Suzywong, does my feeling maybe mean there is a small blob inside me I wonder?

suzywong Wed 05-Jan-05 11:01:51

let me look in to my tealeaves ................

PicadillyCircus Wed 05-Jan-05 11:03:09

Go on, I could do with a break from my so not exciting first day at work back after a lovely Christmas

woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 11:48:16

What gave it away for me when I fell pregnant with dd was that my sence of smell went through the roof. I was lying in bed and could smell chocolate. It turned out dh had eaten all but 2 of a packet of chocolate digestives and had hidden the remaining 2 in his bedside table!!!!

suzywong Wed 05-Jan-05 12:05:54

ditto with the smell thing

people began to smell either like hamsters or drains. Tingling boobs too is another one, oh and an unwitting binge on fags booze and forbiddens too

PicadillyCircus Mon 10-Jan-05 10:02:42

Still no period but "only" on day 26 and cycle could be 28 days.

Have been feeling a bit nauseous but think that could be because I'm thinking about it IYKWIM.

Was convinced period was going to start yesterday but obviously not.

Still not sure what I think about a possible pregnancy - but at least DH and I have discussed it and feel we're in some sort of a similar boat.

oops Mon 10-Jan-05 18:49:55

Message withdrawn

PicadillyCircus Wed 12-Jan-05 06:23:14

Did a test this morning and it was positive.

Feel a bit , a bit . Not sure what I think really.

GRMUM Wed 12-Jan-05 06:34:40

Hi Picadilly circus I bet you and dh are still a bit shocked at the moment but I am sure you'll both be happy about the pregnancy very soon. Hqaving 2 close together is hard work and tiring at first but later on is great. Both for you, as they are company for each other but more especially for them as siblings. Congratulations!

maretta Wed 12-Jan-05 08:19:51

Hi Picadilly Circus.

Wanted to say congratulations - . Hope you'll come and join us on the Due in September thread.

maretta Wed 12-Jan-05 08:19:52

Hi Picadilly Circus.

Wanted to say congratulations - . Hope you'll come and join us on the Due in September thread.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 12-Jan-05 08:33:40

Congratulations picadillycircus!

woodpops Wed 12-Jan-05 08:36:04

Congratulations PicadillyCircus that's lovely news.

Oops, I only have 16 months between my ds and dd and find it alot harder work now that ds is 3 and dd is 2. They are both little characters now with minds of their own. I was very lucky with dd she slept through from day one and was a bf baby. But I wouldn't be without either of them. When they play together nicly it's lovely to watch but when either one of them has their 'evil' head on it's pure hell on earth but all in all it's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now