Talk

Advanced search

would you steal a wheelie bin off your *new* next door neighbour?

(22 Posts)
SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 07:30:21

do you think this is VERY wrong? or is it me?!

Carla Wed 05-Jan-05 07:40:26

Yep, stealing anything's wrong. What's happened then?

SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 07:44:20

my new neighbours stole my bin

fisil Wed 05-Jan-05 07:45:26

so if it's your bin, it's not stealing. Or am I missing something?

charliecat Wed 05-Jan-05 07:47:28

Id steal it back...not that its stealing IYKWIM, I would also just lob the rubbish wherever it suited me in thier dirrection.
Maybe its becuase my neighbours fill our brown recyling bin with thier rubbish and think its ok to fill up anyone elses bin even though we only have a fortnightly collection.....RAHHHH sore spot!!!!!!!!

Carla Wed 05-Jan-05 07:48:07

Good grief, how could they possibly hide that?

emmatmg Wed 05-Jan-05 07:55:34

I'd go and take it back, if they question it then tell them it's your bin and they must have gor it wrong thinking it's theirs.

cheeky buggers!

DelGirl Wed 05-Jan-05 08:00:06

definitely get it back. in my area, you have to pay £40 for a wheelie bin from the council and you can;t use anything else as they won't collect your rubbish

DelGirl Wed 05-Jan-05 08:00:36

and get stickers with your number on from a diy store or paint it on

SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 08:13:48

charliecat we have fortnightly collections too (you are not kent are you?!!) about that one!

i did steal it back yesterday. It did have numbers stuck on it but they had been peeled off!!! But you could still see the glue. My dh wiped the bin down (it was raining) and painted a BIG number on it. I am SO MAD

SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 08:14:33

and it's 40 quid here for a new bin. Why dont they buy their f*ing own, aaarrrrggghhhhh

SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 08:19:08

this isnt the first thing either. The postman delivered our TV license to their house by mistake and we had a TV inspector bloke (or whatever they are called) turn yup on the doorstep to fine us even though direct debits were coming out our account. When we rang up to see what had happened to our license, they had changed the address to next doors number

SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 08:20:11

next door had changed it through the TV license place, if that makes sense

gawd i am ranting!

emmatmg Wed 05-Jan-05 08:28:24

neighbours from hell springs to mind!!

Twiga Wed 05-Jan-05 08:31:53

horrible people!

Hulababy Wed 05-Jan-05 09:23:36

It is definitely wrong. Our neighbours did this to us, in our previous rental place. So annoying, especially as it cost us to pay for a replacement. Argh!

lilsmum Wed 05-Jan-05 09:27:57

i would just take it back!!!! if they have the "balls" to say anything then just tell them straight!!! x

Hulababy Wed 05-Jan-05 09:34:05

Can you take it back? And then write your house number and street name clearly on it in markers/paint.

Marina Wed 05-Jan-05 09:35:16

Fio, they sound like crooks to me. I'm so sorry you've got such horrid new neighbours.

JanH Wed 05-Jan-05 09:40:44

fio, what they did with the TV licence was fraud - did the licence place say if they were going to follow it up? Because considering the way they go after people who don't have a TV, they should have been rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of getting your neighbours into court!

They do sound incredibly awful. Hope you can avoid them as much as poss.

Twiglett Wed 05-Jan-05 09:42:45

Just take it back .. and if they nick it again take it back again

but do it when nobody is around

My wheelie bin has the number of the house painted on it ..so I'd do that too

SantaFio2 Wed 05-Jan-05 09:46:16

Janh i DO hope they follow the TV license up. I sort of know who it was who did that but he has moved out. Think the main problem is it that is a divded house so there are quite a few people living there. Mind you they are heaven compared to my last neighbours i hear no noise either, so i am not going to moan! Just was annoyed that they nicvked my bin whilst i was out at the hospital all day!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: