Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - Battle of the Bridesmaids!

(8 Posts)
LouBeeLou Tue 04-Jan-05 12:58:31

I have been asked to be bridesmaid for one of my best friends in Summer 2006. I'm really excited as DD is going to be a bridesmaid too so it will be really lovely.

There is one little problem, though. There are 3 adult bridesmaids and 3 child bridesmaids. I am 'unofficially' chief bridesmaid and have to organise hen-night, calm bride on the day, etc. I can't be 'officially' chief bridesmaid as one of the other adult bridesmaids will throw her teddy out if she is not chief bridesmaid so no-one has been given the title to keep her happy.

I am quite happy to waive being called chief bridesmaid to keep this other girl happy, but if she realises I am helping to organise things I think she might get a bit upset.

Talking to my friend (the bride) I suggested to her why not give this other girl a job to do, something to organise that she can be 'in charge' of. Unfortunately this girl is loveable but totally useless at organising anything.

Sorry, long winded, thanks if you're still with me!

What I meant to ask is any ideas on what my friend can put this other girl in charge of? Something that is not totally crucial to the proceedings? My friend and I can't think of anything!

TIA xx

aloha Tue 04-Jan-05 13:00:21

Organising the little bridesmaids (ie on the day)

Tommy Tue 04-Jan-05 13:00:43

Sounds like when I was a bridesmaid for my friend - her younger sister wanted to be the "chief" but I was really (like you).
On the day, her sister was in charge of: getting drunk and snogging the best man.
I did everything else
Good luck

wobblystarryknicks Tue 04-Jan-05 13:01:47

You say there's 3 child bridesmaids - will there be any other children there on the day? She could be in charge of looking after them and organising a big lot of stuff for them to do at reception etc. Then if she does nothing it shouldn't affect the day too much.

LouBeeLou Tue 04-Jan-05 13:08:02

To be honest she's not that good with kids!

I was thinking more of something in the run up (18 months!!) to the wedding that she could organise.

huggybear Tue 04-Jan-05 13:11:22

Little bridesmaids hair? brides make up?

gscrym Tue 04-Jan-05 13:11:39

How about if she keeps things calm between the two mothers, compliment they're outfits, make them feel dead special. She could also be involved in organising the flowers for them and the gifts for the little bridesmaids. That way if she doesn't manage it, someone else can organise them at quite short notice.

LouBeeLou Tue 04-Jan-05 13:32:19

Ah, the mothers! That's a good one gscrym - thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now