Talk

Advanced search

If you went to a local pregnancy & baby fair...

(24 Posts)
TheDragon Tue 04-Jan-05 11:26:59

... what would you expect to find there?

It's with a Nearly New Sale so clothing isn't really a great option.

Mum2girls Tue 04-Jan-05 11:39:00

Cots, mobiles, changing stations, stairgates, walkers, playpens??

marialuisa Tue 04-Jan-05 11:40:46

rep from local childcare link, birth pool hire person, washable nappies rep, car seat advice, breastfeeding advice info....is it an NCT thing?

TheDragon Tue 04-Jan-05 11:40:48

Hopefully got a baby equipment seller, along with baby massage, independent midwife, doula, unborne books, music classes, maybe tumbletots...

I'm tearing my hair out to think of other people to invite. I've been stuffed up by Christmas!

TheDragon Tue 04-Jan-05 11:41:57

It is NCT. Hopefully there will be a nappy company - waiting to hear back from them. Can't find a pool hire place locally (Caterham/Oxted area if anyone can help )

TheDragon Tue 04-Jan-05 12:47:09

bump

WideWebWitch Tue 04-Jan-05 12:50:04

local pre-schools?

Mum2girls Tue 04-Jan-05 12:53:33

Re: who to invite, can you put some posters up in local nurseries, church hall, docs surgeries, clinics?

Nome Tue 04-Jan-05 13:35:03

Antenatal exercise classes, postnatal exercise classes, cranial thingy people, jo jingles, scrapbookers, nct bra fitter?, local photographer?, cloth nappy people, HV with their info file?. This lot (except the ?) were all at my local NCT P&B fair.

TheDragon Tue 04-Jan-05 18:52:17

Bumping again

Thanks for all the suggestions. Any more???

JulieF Tue 04-Jan-05 21:50:59

Lol at unborne books, was that a fewudian slip.

Are there any cloth nappy sellers/organisations. Our local council enviromnent dept has people responsible for promoting cloth nappies.

Sure Start?

Juliehafrancis Tue 04-Jan-05 22:12:48

How about people that make wooden toys (they always seem to go down well)

TheDragon Wed 05-Jan-05 09:48:13

The problem I have is finding local companies. I belong to an NCT branch which is actually not in an area I know at all well!

Wooden toys is good. I hopefully have cloth nappies and no, unborne books is just because I'm a cr*p typist

pupuce Fri 07-Jan-05 11:59:22

Hypnotherapist? Accupuncture? Osteopath?

Hausfrau Fri 07-Jan-05 12:01:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blu Fri 07-Jan-05 12:14:30

Am I right in thinking that you are in S london? I think there is a Splashdown co in Brixton - I can look up the number if you like, as that's where I got my pool. Also the yoga place in Holmewood gdns SW2 runs loads of mother and baby and expectant mum yoge sessions and are v committed to yoga for childbirth. The woman's name is Uzma.
There's a woman known locally as the 'nappy lady' - she runs demonstrations and supplies a range of real nappy services - I could try to find a contact for her?

Batters Fri 07-Jan-05 12:17:59

Homeopath?

TheDragon Fri 07-Jan-05 13:34:55

Oooh - hypnotherapist... never able to have one of those before because it used to be in a church hall and they objected. In a schol now...

TheDragon Fri 07-Jan-05 13:35:59

I am in South London but the fair is in Surrey so a lot of London companies are too far away. I thin Splashdown have a website - will try them. Thanks!

Tried to get Mumsnet along but they're all sooo busy you know

TheDragon Fri 07-Jan-05 13:36:22

(think we have a homeopath coming along)

JulieF Fri 07-Jan-05 14:14:26

Re: hypnotherapy, is there anyone in your area who teaches hypnobirthing?

TheDragon Fri 07-Jan-05 15:54:43

I know there's a hypnotherapist who does most things - I used her for my second pregnancy and there's someone else who does CDs for birth I think... would have to dig out my newsletter from the depths of my desk.

serenity Fri 07-Jan-05 16:02:45

How about someone from Sing and Sign? I'm sure there is someone who does classes in Croydon - I think I've thrown away the leaflet now though.

TheDragon Fri 07-Jan-05 16:08:37

I do have the details for sing and sign - they're on my to do list. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now