Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know where I can park for free on Bank Holiday near the Natural Science Museum in London

(11 Posts)
Twiglett Sun 02-Jan-05 19:17:17

?

aloha Sun 02-Jan-05 19:18:58

There are loads and loads of single yellows and meters there - I don't think you pay for those on bank holidays.

strawberry Sun 02-Jan-05 19:19:19

We are also going tomorrow! My understanding that Bank holidays are the same as Sundays and free to park. We went last month and parked right outside science museum on a sunday for free.

TheDragon Sun 02-Jan-05 19:19:51

I'd check though - you have to pay in Croydon's pay and display parking bays (they have these instead of meters) on bank holidays

ladymuck Sun 02-Jan-05 19:33:20

Bank Holidays ARE NOT the same as Sundays. If a single line restriction is labelled as Mon to Fri then this applies to Bank Holidays unless it states "(except Bank Holidays)"

I take it that my thoughts that tomorrow might be a quiet day at the Science Museum are incorrect . See you all in the basement around lunchtime!

JanH Sun 02-Jan-05 19:38:07

You are correct, ladymuck - there was another thread about this a bit ago - here . Blossomhill who started the thread did have to pay a £40 fine.

donnie Sun 02-Jan-05 19:44:12

we went yesterday ( sat) and parked right outside the nat hist museum for free - pretty sure it'll be the same tomorrow BUT get there as ear;ly as poss ( 10am opening time) to get the best chance of a space. BTW our 3 yr old loved it there and so did we!

ladymuck Sun 02-Jan-05 19:47:28

Used to live in Central Croydon where the most bizarre situations could arise - eg you could legally park on a single yellow line in our road on a Bank Holiday, but not in a pay and display box without paying a fee.... Became a sad geek who knew all the local restrictions and would lobby the council frequently (still remember their wonderful temporary one way system where it was possible to drive into my road, but illegal to drive out - by any possible (legal) route!

Needless to say that offstreet parking has become a must-have in my list of things for a home!

galaxy Sun 02-Jan-05 20:40:34

I was thinking of taking my 2 to the science museum tomorrow!

ladymuck Sun 02-Jan-05 21:06:58

Is it worth a mini-meet-up? Mind you mine are 20m and 3.9 so my chances of a conversation are limited!

CountessDingDongDrac Mon 03-Jan-05 11:26:22

Yes watch out we got done on a bank holiday recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now