Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teenage Party

(18 Posts)
Chocolatechick Sun 02-Jan-05 18:41:57

My daughter is going to be 14 and is always going on about how she wants a brilliant party to remember. I have no idea what to do. Swimming parties or bowling etc. are thought of as childish and she has had many sleepovers. She wants something to impress her friends, any number can be invited from 2 to about 20. Please does anyone have any ideas as I cannot think of what to do, with all she has been through this last year she deserves a good party! Please help!

TheDragon Sun 02-Jan-05 18:43:02

Does she have any ideas herself? our idea of brilliant and hers might not match...

aloha Sun 02-Jan-05 18:45:36

What about theatre (matinee) or cinema and then dinner - by themselves! You just turn up to pay the bill (Pizza Express type dinner, not The Ivy).
What is she into?

codswallop Sun 02-Jan-05 18:47:55

beuticians?
hire a beatician and a nail person or a harirdersser then go out to pizza hut

tigermoth Sun 02-Jan-05 18:48:42

chocolatechick, roughly whereabouts do you live ( city, small town, in the middle of the countryside) and how far are you prepared to travel?

codswallop Sun 02-Jan-05 18:50:03

in dorsett his lot do chocolate perties

codswallop Sun 02-Jan-05 18:51:10

oooooooooooh cc tell us tell us what you like

kangasantamummy Sun 02-Jan-05 18:54:35

what kind of stuff have they done @ her friends parties ?????

tigermoth Sun 02-Jan-05 19:00:53

how about getting audience tickets for one of the live TV shows your daughter likes?

or finding some bargain flight to somewhere interesting in Europe - Barcelona, Prague, Venice etc to visit for a day?

roisin Sun 02-Jan-05 19:01:30

What about hiring a stretch limo, and just driving around picking up her friends, calling in on relatives, etc.?

WideWebWitch Sun 02-Jan-05 19:05:13

Oh wow, flying somewhere sounds very cool! Easyjet is here! So does the limo (but then where do they go? Maybe just party in the limo?) or the theatre/cinema and dinner on their own. You could ask the waiters to treat them like adults and you could arrange a cool cake although I agree, our idea of cool and hers may not coincide!

Tommy Sun 02-Jan-05 19:06:52

How about a proper dinner party (you'll have to cook though!) with very smart clothes, a menu, waiter etc and really treating them as if they were in a restaurant but at home?

aloha Sun 02-Jan-05 19:08:00

My 13 year old stepdaughter would probably like a makeover party, would love the theatre/cinema/dinner option as outlined below, seeing a TV show being recorded (recently saw the X-factor live and is envy of all friends!), would adore a stretch limo - maybe with dinner at the end of the evening and non-alcoholic cocktails on board. I think maybe go through suggestions with her and get her to come up with other ideas - I'm sure planning it will be half the fun.

tigermoth Sun 02-Jan-05 19:10:33

www, dh really wants to do one of those cheap flight day trips with our oldest son. Some colleagues of mine recently went to venice for the day - flight cost £11.00 return!

kangasantamummy Sun 02-Jan-05 19:17:42

what about a day at health farm/spa

or at a hotel spa

JudgeFlounce Sun 02-Jan-05 19:44:22

Message deleted

Chocolatechick Mon 03-Jan-05 13:43:15

thanks for all your messages we live in a town if you wanted to know. she likes the idea of a limo!

mumeeee Mon 03-Jan-05 17:08:02

for my DD2's 14th birthday we booked a table at a local resturant. I checked with the manager first and asked if it was alright for the girls to go by themselves. My husband took the girls down and coleected them and we were allowed to pay the bill when they were picked up. The staff at the resturant were brilliant and kept an eye on the girls. The girls thought it was great as it was the first time they had been to a proper restaurant by themselves. I had origanly booked for five but 2 couldn't come so changed it to 3.
One of my DD's friends said it was the best party she had been to. It cost about £40 that might seem expensive but that was for 3 meals including desserts and drinks, soft ones!Her friends then sleptover.
She went iceskating and to macdonalds this year for her 15th I gave her the money and she sorted everything outso not quite the same as last year but thatds what she wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now