Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

laundry service?

(8 Posts)
JJ Sun 02-Jan-05 12:37:56

My washing machine has died on me and it'll be a few days, at least, until it's fixed. Would anyone know a drop off laundry service in East or North or South East London or somewhere I can get to kind of easily. I have a car and I'm in Hackney.

One son vomited all over everything Friday night and the other wet the bed. I got through the worst of it, but still have stuff left, not to mention clothes that need washing.

Sigh... Christmas Eve I stepped on my laptop and f#$ked the lcd and our coffee machine stopped working two days ago. Poor me, poor poor me.

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 02-Jan-05 12:51:44

There must be a million and 1 launderettes in your area, JJ. I'm nowhere near so can't give you any names or addresses, but most launderettes do service washes, where you leave the wash and some money and they wash and dry it for you then you collect it later. Have a look in your local yellow pages or Thompson directory

JJ Sun 02-Jan-05 16:05:55

Thanks. I know our local lauderette doesn't do them (grr) and the listings in the telephone book don't give any info. I'm going to have to drive around on Tuesday to take the computer and coffee machine in, so will load up the car with the wet laundry and a list of possible places to take it.

What a pain!

smileyragdoll Sun 02-Jan-05 16:17:58

i have name of a man who can collect and deliver to your house in east london - hes fab been great and much easier that taking it and forgetting to collect it, would you like it and i'l dig it out

JJ Sun 02-Jan-05 17:37:16

smileyragdoll, that would be fantastic! Don't rush as I'm sure he's not working until Tuesday. Thank you! Will he take quite a few loads of clothes? It's been a messy time around here lately.

hoxtonchick Sun 02-Jan-05 18:15:32

jj, if you're desperate you're welcome to come round here & throw a few loads in the machine. do you still have my number?

smileyragdoll Mon 03-Jan-05 09:28:29

the number is 0800 781 4740 the mans name is david not sure how much he does but sure he'll be glad of business, i think hes setting up i had 2 suits and 5 shirts dry cleaned for 7.99 week before xmas great not having to go and collect stuff from the shop. Ask about deals he might do something for you .

JJ Mon 03-Jan-05 11:43:15

Thanks again smileyragdoll. I'll give him a ring tomorrow and see if we can work something out. Delivering it to and from a launderette like NCMM mentioned would be very helpful.

Hoxtonchick, thank you for the offer! I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, iykwim. It's all wet (had to drain the machine, as you do, to check the filters) and kind of gross. Might haul the worst of it up to the bathtub and just give it a good rinse. Maybe with a bit of baking soda thrown in the water? Oddly, out of the computer repair, the coffee machine repair and this, I'm having the most trouble finding a launderette!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now