Talk

Advanced search

Outlook express, not receiving all my mail?

(6 Posts)
juniperdewdrop Sat 01-Jan-05 21:39:44

People have told me they've emailed me yet I haven't received it? Anyone know why? I still get other mail.

DoesntChristmasDragOn Sat 01-Jan-05 22:13:51

Can you check your email via webmail and see if it's arrived there?

pixiefish Sat 01-Jan-05 22:18:13

since i upgraded my outlook i find myself getting a lot less mail- a lot of it now goes straight into the junkmail folder- don't understand why. If I put the senders name in my address book then I get the mail but otherwise i don't get a lot of stuff. Have you checked your junk mail?- stupid question I know

MrsWalliams Sat 01-Jan-05 22:42:53

This happens to me too - I've got a btopenworld account and if I go online to btyahoo.co.uk and log in to my email there, a couple of emails will be in my bulk folder among the crap that is thankfully filtered out of my outlook.

There's always the odd message from dh in there which I don't get because half his messages come to outlook and the odd one goes to bulk - all from his work email so don't get it.

juniperdewdrop Sun 02-Jan-05 18:11:48

cheers for that, I'll check the junkmail.

tribpot Sun 02-Jan-05 18:21:27

It could be the subject of the message which is making some of dh's emails get filtered out - I know a friend at work can't send or receive emails with 'Congratulations' in the subject line as they are automatically regarded as spam. (Most of them being 'congratulations, you have won a prize if you dial this premium rate number for half an hour' type of thing). As both he and I have got engaged this year (not to each other!) we have had to send message entitled 'Felicitations' to get round the spam filter

I don't have a BTOpenworld account, just wondering if in the Bulk Mail folder there is some option to mark a piece of mail or a sender as not being spam? So that you can permanently mark dh's work email address as not being a spammer.

As to only getting mail from people in your address book, it sounds like a setting in Norton Anti-Spam or similar - are you using that Pixiefish?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now