Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

jingleoooggs

(7 Posts)
joashiningstar Fri 31-Dec-04 00:02:43

jingleoooggs ... sorry I didn't reply to your post on the other thread yesterday, we had friends round.

Anyway, eventually we would prefer North Cornwall, around Bude. In reality, because I've applied to do a Social Work degree based at Camborne College, we'll be as close to Camborne as possible for at least the first three years. Where are you?

oooggs Sat 01-Jan-05 16:20:44

Hi there, I have just seen this!!!! We are in Saltash, just inside Cornwall. Love going up to Bude and DH rowing on the canal . Don't really know Camborne but have been to most other places. We love it down here.

joash Sat 01-Jan-05 20:24:35

Hi again oooggs. We've spent loads of time in Cornwall over the past 10 years, ranging from the obvious two week stints to complete summers (3 months). We spent decent blocks of time during each season so that we know what to expect weatherwise.

We always planned to make the big jump to living there - after DS finishes school in 2006. But, with circumstances being what they are with GS's situation, after loads of discussion, we've decided to bring it forward to this summer. DH finishes work at the end of July and we'll be off. Can't wait. Scary though.

If for any peculiar reason, I didn't get the place on the degree, we're seriously considering Saltash as the first step on the ladder to getting to where we want to be.

oooggs Sat 01-Jan-05 21:27:10

I moved here with my parents in 1984 so a bit of a veteran. I can't imagine moving away, have since bought a house in '97, married in '99 and DS end of '03. House is now on the market as we need something bigger, especially after a 1st birthday and Christmas .

I apologise but I don't know of GS's situation, but I'm sure you'll love it down here.

When do you find out if you have been accepted on the course?

joash Sat 01-Jan-05 23:45:33

Closing date for applications is 15th January. I've had a number of conversations with relevant tutors, etc and they all sound promising...but sceptic old me doesn't believe anything until I have the paperwork in my hand.

I can't wait. I just think that it'll be a fabulous place to bring up a toddler and will also do DS a world of good.

oooggs Sun 02-Jan-05 21:18:31

I wish you all the luck. Let me know how you get on.

joash Mon 03-Jan-05 22:24:13

I will - thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now