Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your clothes?

(51 Posts)
Socci Thu 30-Dec-04 19:53:22

Message withdrawn

doggiewalker Thu 30-Dec-04 19:54:30

oh yeh, right course. . . more like Asda George, Matalan, BHS and M&S. High fashion!

Whizzz Thu 30-Dec-04 19:57:40

I buy my clothes when they are reduced in sales! Fatface & Next have done me proud this week !
I'm not a follower of trends - no ponchos or furry boots in this house !

Socci Thu 30-Dec-04 20:00:37

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 30-Dec-04 20:01:54

Message withdrawn

Dreams Thu 30-Dec-04 20:05:08

i know exactly how you feel "socci" i used to be like that but since my ds was born i have priorities that come first. dont get me wrong i still go out and buy the odd nice thing but i notice that now i love bargain hunting and love the sales!! I cant afford to follow catwalk fashion though......but if i could i would!!!!

munnzieb Thu 30-Dec-04 20:06:30

I don't have any children yet - and shop in new look in the sales and the next one with the red dots. (normally only in the jan sales/ summer sales do I go clothes shoppin thou)

Socci Thu 30-Dec-04 20:12:34

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Thu 30-Dec-04 20:14:39

Very rarely get out to the shops either - get basics from Next cos I can order them online.

Also buy bits at Tesco as I can buy when doing food shop.

Buy the odd basic thing from M&S.

If I do go on a clothes shop I'd go to Nuke (not sure if that's a chain but from there I get Bench and Firetrap stuff generally) or Selfridges (for Ted Baker or Firetrap) - note this is very rare though so I go once, buy a few key things and then they last me a good while. Did this recently and in December bought:

Leather jacket (Next)
Timberland boots (tan, chunky ones)
Firetrap top
Bench trousers
Tesco jumper
Tesco t-shirt
M&S undies (the usual though just been treated to some La Perla stuff for Xmas from dh - for himself really you understand!)

Other shops I'd look in are Oasis and Warehouse, Miss Sixty (only find the odd thing I like in there though).

I've also bought Diesel trainers.

But mainly it's Next, M&S, Tesco and a few 'designer' bits to go with the plain jeans. I certainly don't spend a fortune on clothes and only have a few of the Diesel, Bench, Firetrap stuff to mix with the cheaper clothes.

If I'm going out I've got maybe 3 tops I choose from and a couple of pairs of trousers - no need to stand in front of the wardrobe umming and ahhing about what to wear!!!

munnzieb Thu 30-Dec-04 20:15:59

jeans and jumpers do me really - and t.shirts, I am partical thou to FCUK tshirts but only for the slogans on the front, (and I have had them for about 4 yrs so for "20 they're lasted well.) oh and I have a few pairs of Levis, but again had them for about 4 yrs (b4 I was married - and could spend a lot on clothes!)

Dreams Thu 30-Dec-04 20:21:28

the main shops i shop in are "next" "tesco" "new look" "topshop" I am not really fused what shop my clothes come from if i see something and i like it i will buy it! As long as its a resonable price!

I must admit though i buy a majority of my ds's clothes in baby next a i love the quality of the clothes!!

Frizbe Thu 30-Dec-04 20:22:23

Debenhams sale! (although the changing rooms can be tight with a buggy....)Tesco, Asda, Matalan! and occasionally Next

Socci Thu 30-Dec-04 20:22:56

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 30-Dec-04 20:24:18

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Thu 30-Dec-04 22:16:06

Sadly, I can only get clothes to fit me from Evans and H&M's BiB range .

Yorkiegirl Thu 30-Dec-04 22:20:17

Message withdrawn

whowantstobeamillionare Thu 30-Dec-04 22:24:37

peacocks, Q&S, M&S...and no I don't buy designer stuff she says sitting here in a pair of ripped khakis and never would...more important things than clothes

fostermum Fri 31-Dec-04 03:14:23

second hand shops not coz i have too but coz i love a rummage!

TwasTheNightBeforeXmasOwl Fri 31-Dec-04 03:16:05

oh here goes...peacocks, ethel austin, catalogue shop..but to treat myself i (used to) before i was too big ahem..go in jane norman, i liked river island jeans aswell..stretchy (always good) i have no hips and large belly! (and im short). but i have to advertise next here...i went looking everywhere for two days solid for shirts that would fit my huge boobs and wouldnt swamp my waist..(imagine size 12 waist and 34f boobs) next do the most beautiful shirts in stretch material..whahey..i didnt, its a myth honestly that i spent £200 in there on a lovely suit and several shirts...and did i win the interview...did i bugger!!! ney mind...when i do get a job i'll be well equipped..(now just to lose the baby belly)

AMerryScot Fri 31-Dec-04 07:11:50

M&S, Debenhams, Next.

paolosgirl Fri 31-Dec-04 09:56:09

Charity shops are my favourite - I cannot walk past one, and it drives my family mad. The stuff you get in them is amazing. The rest of the time, I go to Next for their petite range, or the designer outlet we have here for Gap, Oasis, TK Maxx, M&S etc.

SPARKLER1 Fri 31-Dec-04 10:03:41

Don't buy myself clothes very often - always get distracted by the kids section and end up coming home with numerous stuff for dds!! .
On the rare occasion when I do (had to buy a few things recently as I have lost over a stone and a half and everything was too big) I use Matalan (have found they do short length jeans), Asda, Dorothy Perkins (short lenths again!) Peacocks and have bought a few things in Bonmarche too. Have gone from a size 20 to a 14/16 so when I get more spare time and money I will have more choice as to where I can shop.

noddyholder Fri 31-Dec-04 10:05:13

A mixture of high streedt and car boots for vintage-y stuff.Can't afford the sort of stuff I really love so tend to buy nothing rather than cheap fashiony things.Charity shops are brilliant these days

morningpaper Fri 31-Dec-04 10:06:29

ebay! Never buy new any more - can't justify it really.

Moomina Fri 31-Dec-04 10:20:55

H&M, H&M, H&M! Cheap and cheerful although not terribly exciting. Have bought a couple of things off ebay but am usually too optimistic when choosing my size

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now