Talk

Advanced search

dishwasher prob

(15 Posts)
bonniej Wed 29-Dec-04 20:14:00

I've just put my dishwasher on and it has become really noisy. It's so loud, i'm worried about it waking up dd. Usually you can hardly hear it. I've had it less than two years and have stopped it and opened it to check but it seems to be working ok, just bloody loudly. Does anyone know why? Does it mean it's on it's way out? Does get a lot of use but that's what there for. The only thing is I bought some cheap tablets the other day and are using one. Could that have damaged it in some way? Help!! can't manage without it

NameChangingMancMidlander Wed 29-Dec-04 20:17:19

It might sound stupid, but is there anything getting in the way of the water jet thingy ? We've got ones that are like helicopter blades which shoot jets of water onto the dishes from below, and if we load it wrongly then the thingy catches on plates etc that get in the way and they don;t have make a clanking racket.

Sorry if that is complete gobbledygook (sorry GBG!)

doggiewalker Wed 29-Dec-04 20:17:56

Can't imagine the tablets would make any difference Bonnie. Is something knocking on the spinner thingy? Should last more than two years. Is it a well known brand?

JudgeFlounce Wed 29-Dec-04 20:32:34

Message deleted

bonniej Wed 29-Dec-04 20:34:14

hi, thanks for the replies. It is def louder. It's like a hissing noise but really loud. I've checked there's nothing getting in the way of the blades and there isn't. It's a Bosch so quiet a good make.

nailpolish Wed 29-Dec-04 20:36:03

i have a dishwasher problem too - hes sitting watching the football refusing to move

doggiewalker Wed 29-Dec-04 20:36:27

Prob just wait for it to finish, empty it and check that there's nothing stuck at the bottom? Mine's a bosch and has been working for 10 years.

doggiewalker Wed 29-Dec-04 20:36:37

LOL np!

LIZS Wed 29-Dec-04 20:38:03

Agree with NCMM - even if the blades are rotating now it is still possible that their support has been slightly knocked askew so thatd the water jets may not be even or blades may brush the interior on one side. Also check the filter in case something is blocking it and preventing the water circulating properly (also try removing the panels with holes at the bottom in case a spoon or something has slipped down underneath).

bonniej Wed 29-Dec-04 20:41:01

pmsl nailpolish that's the problem I had that's why I replaced him with a Bosch. Far more reliable, well usually! I will do as you suggest and wait for it to finish and check it thoroughly. I must admit I haven't checked the filter for a few days, so it could be that. Thanks for all your help everyone

JudgeFlounce Wed 29-Dec-04 20:42:22

Message deleted

nailpolish Wed 29-Dec-04 20:54:45

judge F youll make a fortune with that!

ROFL

JudgeFlounce Wed 29-Dec-04 20:59:00

Message deleted

marthamoo Wed 29-Dec-04 21:01:08

You haven't checked the filter "for a few days"? Blimey, how often are you supposed to check it?<<<moo dashes off to check her filter>>>

bonniej Wed 29-Dec-04 21:04:42

i was told every day by the salesman marthamoo. Because it is such an essential item in my kitchen I'm not taking any chances Most of the time there's not much to clean though. (you'll probably have a three course meal on yours by now )

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: