Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A bit thick here..

(8 Posts)
whowantstobeamillionare Tue 28-Dec-04 21:26:32

Do normal periods (when you're not on the pill) constitute blood clots and bright red blood....sorry to be graphic but it's been such a long time since wasn't on pill.

emmatmg Tue 28-Dec-04 21:28:04

Mine do sometimes.

Very red. Clots not very often but occasionally.

blossomhill Tue 28-Dec-04 21:28:34

I wouldn't say so. Is this your first period since coming off the pill. Are the clots quite big or small?

mistletoe Tue 28-Dec-04 21:29:12

Hey I get them like that and I am on the pill.

They are bound to differ now you have come off. Don't worry unless it goes on a very long time, or you feel unusually tired and unwell.

IME there is no normal period, every woman is different, and will have a 'normal' for her.

Try not to worry

whowantstobeamillionare Tue 28-Dec-04 21:31:55

clots are just there quite often and have been off the pill for 18 months ie. now and a few months ago..(normally have a tampon up so don't notice these things (sorry to be graphic).

mooncrumbs Tue 28-Dec-04 21:32:11

They tend to be lighter when your on the pill (in my experience) and when I'm not on the pill I'm surprised how much heavier they are. Sure it's nothing to worry about

blossomhill Tue 28-Dec-04 21:34:46

As I have been on the coil for 5 years I have forgotten what taking the pill is like. I haven't had clots before though.

whowantstobeamillionare Tue 28-Dec-04 21:38:03

thanks girls...what would I do without mumsnet hey?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now