Talk

Advanced search

Where do I start!!!

(5 Posts)
Peckarollover Tue 28-Dec-04 08:45:16

Ive got DS looked after until noon so that I can try and sort this house out.

Ive been at the hospital pretty much constantly since the middle of the night on christmas eve with my sister so everything is in complete chaos - general mess, washing is overflowing, christmas stuff everywhere and Im just wandering around aimlessly and cant get started Im also shattered.

Anyone got any spare motivation kicking about they can pass on to me?>

SueW Tue 28-Dec-04 08:53:10

Can they send some my way too please?

I've had the lurgy and am still feeling grotty but the house is appalling - exactly like yours.

DH is here for the foreseeable but somehow that doesn't seem to reduce the workload....

bensmum3 Tue 28-Dec-04 09:04:56

Hi peckarollover, sounds like the best thing you could do is go back to bed for a couple of hours with a warm drink and a good book, don't worry about the mess it will still be there when you wake up, and a bit of dirt never hurt anyone ! best wishes and take care !

WideWebWitch Tue 28-Dec-04 09:14:32

Well Peckarollover, I've never heard of 'being on mumsnet' as getting the housework done . Bensmum's advice sounds spot on to me and if you've no child for a few hours use it doing something you want to do, like mumsnetting or reading a book or having a peaceful bath. Sorry, that's probably not helping your motivation much is it?

KristmasBear Tue 28-Dec-04 09:45:31

My tip is to ignore the washing and just make sure the kitchen is tidy - that always makes my house look better immediately. As long as you can make a cuppa and get some food organised on a clear worktop you are halfway there. Leave the rest and concentrate on having a rest.

BTW, hope your sister is okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now